Cured?

  • CHRIS BELL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      Slade sez:
      >Think about doing all that on a wing...now realize if you trade the
      >Trophy for a wing you will ALSO need a new CBR600F4i to fulfill the
      >other part of the Trophy capability.

      Slade is correct. The Goldwing may be the ultimate luxo-couch for the highway, but it will NEVER be sexy. It won't attract those little college "honeys" when you go trolling the campus. The Trophy manages to be a good tourer, but still maintains some sporty sex appeal. I don't care how much speed and cornering performance you can get out of the new GL 1800, it can't be as sporty as the Trophy because it just looks too big. The Trophy is still a better head turner.

      I must be getting old though, because I must admit the GL 1800 articles I've read make it look appealing to me too. Not as a primary ride, but good as a dedicated-purpose travelling bike. My wife is selling her Trophy* because she has decided after four years, it's time to get a car. So, if we are going to do any more long distance bike trips, it will be on ONE bike. We may have to replace my BMW with something larger, and a Goldwing may just be it. Probably not the new 1800 because we can't afford it, but maybe a lightly used 1500. Or better yet, a BMW 1200LT!

      *I'll forward info on the Trophy for sale in my next post for anyone who might be interested.

      Chris Bell
      Austin, TX
      '95 Triumph Speed Triple "TaCO"
      '90 BMW K75RT "Neptune"
      '73 BMW R??/5 "Bart" (project bike in need of a motor, tranny and tank)
      '73 Harley/Aermacchi TX-125 "Piglet" (for sale)