Re:punctures

  • nick westcott
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
      Further to my earlier posting about too many punctures, I bumped into a CAM
      riding instructor today who has always been on a Trophy before. Today he was
      on a Honda Deauville. His company are selling their fleet of 6 Trophies
      because of the high tyre replacement rate - so it's not just me! He much
      prefers the Trophy, and intends buying one of the ex-fleet ones for his
      personal use, but agrees with me re the high puncture rate.

      If anyone in UK is looking for a cheap Trophy, contact CAM in Cambridge,
      there are 6 from 10,000 miles to 36,000.

      Nick Westcott
    • neil lester
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
        I'm not too sure about puntures. i have done 55000ks on my trophy with no
        problems on some of AUSTRALIAS toughest roads and in all climates and with
        out a problem i run dunlop sport max 205 and get around 13000ks which is
        good and at the same time travel at high speed 150 plus on a lot of the
        trips i under take the roads are not the best i think its the tyres not the
        bike as you would want us to believe
        HAVE A NICE DAY AND KEEP COOL <BEACHY>NEIL.LESTER

        ----------
        >From: "nick westcott" <vethealth@...>
        >To: <TriumphTrophy@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Re:punctures
        >Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:21 AM
        >

        >Further to my earlier posting about too many punctures, I bumped into a CAM
        >riding instructor today who has always been on a Trophy before. Today he was
        >on a Honda Deauville. His company are selling their fleet of 6 Trophies
        >because of the high tyre replacement rate - so it's not just me! He much
        >prefers the Trophy, and intends buying one of the ex-fleet ones for his
        >personal use, but agrees with me re the high puncture rate.
        >
        >If anyone in UK is looking for a cheap Trophy, contact CAM in Cambridge,
        >there are 6 from 10,000 miles to 36,000.
        >
        >Nick Westcott
      • John Bonnewell
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
          Sorry if i'm telling people to 'Suck Eggs' but I went through a stage when I
          first purchased my new Trophy. After 300 miles I had to replace a complete
          new tyre (Bit difficult replacing part of one I suupose<G>) Another 600 mile
          another puncture and 1000 miles more another. I spoke to Boyers Racing
          (Triumph Dealer where I bought the bike) Their response was Ha1Ha! where and
          how are you riding that bike!! Another reason I no longer use that firm! So
          I went to Watling Tyres in Catford. They pointed out to me that many double
          glazing and builders vans have discarded Stanley blades in them, that fall
          out into the road. Also most riders use the centre of the rod and cars push
          debri to that very spot! I now use the car parts of the road and have'nt had
          a puncture since. Christ! now I've said it!!
          Hope that helps
          John