Re: Fuel Tank Drains

  • John Arthur
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hal,

      I had no replies to this at the time. In the end I removed the fuel cap and
      blew compressed air down the drain hole in the cap well. The drain hole is
      intelligently sited on the left hand side of the machine so it is at the
      lowest point when the bike is on its side stand. The air exited the
      vertical drain tube on the right hand side of the machine. I reconnected
      the rubber drain tube to this stub.

      Still don't know what the other, centrally mounted, drain is for. It is not
      connected on my UK machine. Maybe something to do with the famous roll-over
      valve on US machines?

      I have the Triumph service manual but it is silent on these drains.

      I am sure my old 1200 Trophy (1991) did not have 2 stubs on the tank or I
      would have been through this one before.

      John

      > Group,
      > I've had computer probs for a few days, missed some conversation. Has
      anyone answered John re: these stub outs. I've got the same question as
      I've had > my tank off for a while and the markers I put on got seperated
      from the tank (OOOOOppsss). My Haynes manual seems vague re: these.

      > Hal

      > My 2003 UK model Trophy has two metal drains stubs under the fuel tank.
      One
      > is on the centre line angled rearwards and the other is to the right side
      of
      > the bike and is vertical. Both are similar in diameter and length.
      Which
      > one should I connect the rubber drain tube to? What is the other one
      for?