....the strange wire

  • ondrej_sestak
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2004
      Hi,
      I'd like to know what can be the purpose of the small wire connected
      to the left part of fork. I'm little confused from the wire diagram
      in Owners handbook. (...I can see the free end via the gap on
      the left side of the left mudguard, along the left side/pipe of fork)

      Everything seems OK,I tried all functions with help of owners guide:
      -side light indicators, highbeam, instrument illuminiation, neutral
      position indicator, sidestand indicator.

      I'm not sure in the case of warm engine indicator,'cause I tested
      functions in garage.

      Should I fix it or let it be....that's the question.

      Thanks for any tips.

      Regards Ondrej

      BTW:
      My distance record is 132 miles per cca 20 litres(...early ride, a
      few cars...mostly at 3500 rpm, 6th gear used often)...the engine
      stopped on the highway suddenly (no response during throttle
      adding)...I changed the position of fuel tap on RES for access of
      the last cca 5 litres....(...I stopped the bike first of course).
    • Brian Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2004
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "ondrej_sestak" <
        ondrej_sestak@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'd like to know what can be the purpose of the small wire connected
        > to the left part of fork. <snip>
        > Regards Ondrej

        Its the auxillary power plug. Always hot (on). On 10A fuse market "Aux" in fuse
        box. Can use for any aux supply you want. Triumph Heated Grips connect
        here

        You are still using way too much fuel for normal settings, second gear or sixth.

        Brian
      • ondrej_sestak
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
          Hi,
          thank you for help.

          > You are still using way too much fuel for normal settings, second
          gear or sixth.

          > Brian

          ...I know, but nowadays I have no idea how to fix it.