Dropped it (Again)

  • dave troughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Another low speed drop. This time trying to squeeze between my (immobile)car
      and my (7ft high) wooden gate, backwards, downhill, on concrete (covered in
      mud)in pouring rain. Front wheel slid to the right, bike dropped to the
      left, could just hold it but it kept going backwards, and ended up smashing
      the (original) screen on the gate and jamming the front wheel under the
      bumper. :-(

      So, any Brits got a spare (preferably tinted) OE screen for a >95 Trophy for
      less than the �93 + VAT new one? On the other hand anyone got any experience
      of the Acrebyre (?) that M&P are able to offer for �30 + Vat?
      Or, indeed, any other suggestions?*

      Dave T '95 Trophy3
      Luton,...
      Married, ...
      4 Kids,...
      Aching heart,..
      Empty wallet..
      P****d off, Oh so dreadfully P****d off

      * "Don't drop the bike" suggestions have already been made, by friends,
      family and bank manager. :-)

    • Daniel Quick
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
        --- In TriumphTrophy@egroups.com, "dave troughton" <dtroughton@h...>
        wrote:

        > So, any Brits got a spare (preferably tinted) OE screen for a >95
        Trophy for
        > less than the £93 + VAT new one?

        I may have! I am awaiting delivery of a Clearview that I bought off
        another UK listee (probably due to the vaguries of the UK postal
        service) I want to give this s atry before committing myselkf though.

        I think, best thing is to take this off list. Give me a mail on
        dlquick@...

        Dan Quick
        N Somerset