Re: [TriumphTrophy] RE: Stable Trophy

  • Ken Hastie
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
      On 6 Nov 00 at 11:13, Ray Tredoux wrote:

      > BTW don't you just hate it when your gloves fill up with water as
      > you're riding along....

      I recommend Rukka Overmitts. They pack away to virtually nowt (in
      fact I stow mine in the same bum bag that my waterproof suit stows
      into). Lightweight and very effective against high speed water.
      Have an elasticated cuff which is half way up your forearm, so water
      running down your sleeves can't get in.

      The same goes for their overboots, although my Alt-berg boots are
      entirely waterproof, so I don't need them. Again, I recommend
      Alt-berg for stout traditional boots in the UK. Many styles,
      manufactured in a small factory in Richmond Yorkshire, and the owner
      rides a battered old BMW twin to work.

      Ken the Geordie
    • Eddy Fox
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2000
        --- In TriumphTrophy@egroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@h...> wrote:
        > On 6 Nov 00 at 11:13, Ray Tredoux wrote:
        >
        > > BTW don't you just hate it when your gloves fill up with water as
        > > you're riding along....
        >
        > I recommend Rukka Overmitts.
        > Lightweight and very effective against high speed water.
        > Have an elasticated cuff which is half way up your forearm, so water
        > running down your sleeves can't get in.

        Just what I need! Ken, where can I find these?

        FOX
      • Bruce Carter
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2000
          > From: "Ray Tredoux"
          > > I discovered that the Trophy is
          > > completely stable at 50 mph even in nasty gusty crosswinds - sure it
          > > gets shoved a little, but it's like the bike sorts it out itself
          >
          > Which is as it should be. Any modern M/C should be rock steady at all
          legal
          > speeds and conditions [and beyond that too].
          > Tony Angco

          I agree with both Ray and Tony. Tony posted previously about the benefits
          of an aftermarket shock. I have not gone that route yet with my 99, it
          seems to work fine for me. I think if you dial in the suspension it really
          helps. It also helps if you are used to riding in areas with a lot of wind.
          Here a normal day is 10-20 with higher gusts. We regularly get 20-30 mph
          days so crosswinds do not seem to me to be a problem with the Trophy. It
          does catch a lot wind but always rights itself.
          Bruce