was; mirror fix/ now O.T. Badddd joke!

  • eMarc
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, waleao@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 3/2/2004 11:43:48 AM Central Standard Time,
      > jefftrophy900@y... writes:
      > (you don't want a big bulge in the rubber boot. I trimmed the
      > thickness of the nut with a belt sander to the minimum I needed to
      > compress the washers and I only used two washers

      > Gawd don't you just hate when that happens. Ed:o)

      ~~so this loony escapes from the asylum, runs into the local
      launderette. sexually assaults the woman running the place and runs
      off.....
      and what was the headline next day in the local paper;
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      "Nut screws washer and bolts!"

      eM.
      o.k - i'll get me coat.
      *LOL*
    • waleao@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
        Oh my, another darn comedian!

      • Beardg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 29, 2004
          Hey Guyz....I remember something from the old days about tapping the shaft
          on the mirrors shaft and putting a bolt in it with extra washers to hold the
          mirror steady....I have tried the socket slam to re-set the crown washer but it
          won't get tight enough...shit design. Any one use the bolt fix and care to
          share a few details??
          Thanx,
          daveL. 96Trophy4

        • Ken Hastie
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 29, 2004
            On 29 Mar 2004 at 12:36, Beardg@... wrote:

            > Hey Guyz....I remember something from the old days about tapping the
            > shaft on the mirrors shaft and putting a bolt in it with extra washers
            > to hold the mirror steady....I have tried the socket slam to re-set
            > the crown washer but it won't get tight enough...shit design. Any one
            > use the bolt fix and care to share a few details??

            Well, like I keep saying, I just use cut and paste to put the FAQ page together. Isn't
            there something in there ?

            Ken Hastie
            List Owner
          • Michael Collins
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2004
              Dave,

              I found a couple of bolts with nyloc nuts and various washers in my
              shadetree hardware stash and they did the trick. No amount of kabonging the
              stock setup would get it tight. Press on with confidence, soldier.

              Michael Collins

              Subject: Mirror fix