Re: [TriumphTrophy] 96 bbbb wont start

  • Ed K
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      pm icaza <pm3e@...> wrote:
      now she turns over strong but wont start.
      suggestions?

      Peter

      My best guess is plugs. It is always my problem in the cold weather. Put new plugs in and she fires right up first time. This still happens to my Yamaha and 2nd winter in a row for the trophy. I use very little choke on the trophy in cold weather, but it acts like I ride with full choke(fouled/gas soaked plugs). Give it a try. HTH and Good Luck!

      "It is NOT how much you HAVE, but how much you ENJOY that makes Happiness"

      Ed R. Krippel
      '97 Triumph Trophy 1200 Merlot w/Pacific Blue topbox
      '80 Yamaha XS850 SG

    • soonbefishing
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004
        Hi,
        I had a similar problem with a Suzuki I used to own, it would turn
        over but wouldn't run although I did get the odd backfire at times,
        the bike had been stood for a while and despite putting fresh fuel
        in just wouldn't fire up.
        The problem turned out to be water in the carbs (from the old fuel)
        so I drained off the carbs and hey presto ...... sorted.

        I've never even looked at the carbs on my Trophy, but it shouldn't
        be too difficult a job.

        Good luck
        Andy