Re: [TriumphTrophy] used trophy ?

  • waleao@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
      In a message dated 12/1/2003 8:33:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      moto_matt2002@... writes:
      Hi,
      I'm new to the group and have found it very helpfull .
      But I have a couple questions...I'm looking at a '96 1200
      with 38,000 mi,any problems with high mileage? And what is
      bbb,etc.?
      thanks in advance for any advice and your patience(I'm new to
      internet "groups" and Triumphs too.
      Matt
      p.s. are manuals still available at the dealer ?

      That is not a high mileage bike. In fact it is only getting broken in. bbbs
      is a 900 Trophy and BBBB is a 1200 Trophy. That was a joke here on this
      site. Bang, bang, bang, silence. Get it. As for manual, that is the only way
      Tophys come. If you want automatic then buy a volkswagon or a goldwing. Ed :o)

      Sunset Red "01" and life is a smooth ride.

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "moto_matt2002"
        <moto_matt2002@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm new to the group and have found it very helpfull .
        > But I have a couple questions...I'm looking at a '96 1200
        > with 38,000 mi,any problems with high mileage? And what is
        > bbb,etc.?
        > thanks in advance for any advice and your patience(I'm new to
        > internet "groups" and Triumphs too.
        > Matt
        > p.s. are manuals still available at the dealer ?

        Matt,
        Enjoy the machine, the only item to be concerned with is the
        alternator bolt up-grade. The mileage is still very low if the
        machine was properly cared for and not abused by its rider. You can
        generally tell this by the person(s) that owned it. I would do the
        Race-Tech front suspension up-grade and be sure the rear shock is
        still working properly, no baby carriage effect.
        Tom D.
        1999 BBBB
        40,000+ miles!
      • Mike Backen
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
          HI MATT I HAVE 2 1200cc TROPHY'S AT PRESENT TIME A 2003 AND A 2001 I BOUGHT LAST YEAR. THE 01 IS CURRANTLY FOR SALE AND IS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY. BIKE IS BLUE WITH 38 000KM FOR $11000 CANADIAN. THANKS MIKE!
          I'm new to the group and have found it very helpfull .
          But I have a couple questions...I'm looking at a '96 1200
          with 38,000 mi,any problems with high mileage? And what is
          bbb,etc.?
          thanks in advance for any advice and your patience(I'm new to
          internet "groups" and Triumphs too.
          Matt
          p.s. are manuals still available at the dealer ?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

          FAQs:

        • waleao@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
            In a message dated 12/2/2003 12:20:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            MIKE@... writes:
            Hi,
            I'm new to the group and have found it very helpfull .
            But I have a couple questions...I'm looking at a '96 1200
            with 38,000 mi,any problems with high mileage? And what is
            bbb,etc.?
            thanks in advance for any advice and your patience(I'm new to
            internet "groups" and Triumphs too.
            Matt
            p.s. are manuals still available at the dealer ?

            One other thing Matt. There is a guy in Canada that has a Trophy in Baja
            Mexico that is supposed to be one fine Trophy. I think he is selling it for a
            fair price and all you have to do is go pick it up. Doug is his name and as I
            said if I wanted a Trophy I think I would deal with him. Ed

            Sunset Red "01" and life is a smooth ride.

          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
              snip

              ... And what is bbb,etc.?

              snip

              ***************************************
              Welcome to the group. Hope you have fun and learn a lot about your Trophy
              here. I have.

              bbb? Don't worry 'bout it. It really refers to nothing of any importance.

              John of Jax 2002 1200SSC

            • Ed K
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
                --- moto_matt2002 <moto_matt2002@...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                > I'm new to the group and have found it very
                > helpfull .
                > But I have a couple questions...I'm looking at a '96
                > 1200
                > with 38,000 mi,any problems with high mileage? And
                > what is
                > bbb,etc.?
                > thanks in advance for any advice and your
                > patience(I'm new to
                > internet "groups" and Triumphs too.
                > Matt
                > p.s. are manuals still available at the dealer ?

                Matt

                First, welcome to the group. Second 38K is low mileage
                for a '96, I have 79K an my '97 1200(BBBB) and another
                list member over a month ago told me he had 91K on his
                '97 900(BBB(B=bang)). Neither of use have had anything
                but standard items that wear get replaced. As for a
                manual get the Haynes. Good luck and I HTH.

                =====
                No Matter Where You Go There You Are!

                Ed R. Krippel
                '97 Triumph Trophy 1200 Merlot w/Pacific Blue topbox
                '80 Yamaha XS850 SG
                '79 Yamaha XS1100 SF

                Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                http://companion.yahoo.com/