Re: triumph trophy 1200 1996 should i do it

  • crbarrelvalve
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
      Bart, The Trophy is a great bike. Mine is a 900 and I wouldn't trade
      it for a 1200. It's 50 pounds lighter and just as fast. And the
      triple has a great sound. Enjoy either one.
      Greg

      > Is a Trophy the bike to go for ?
      > Every sugestion is welcome.
      >
      > Kind regards,
      >
      > Bart
    • Mik
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2003
        During a gear change, crbarrelvalve <andrewsg@...> penned
        >Bart, The Trophy is a great bike. Mine is a 900 and I wouldn't trade
        >it for a 1200. It's 50 pounds lighter and just as fast. And the
        >triple has a great sound. Enjoy either one.
        >Greg

        Well - eventually ... but the 1200 is a lot smoother getting there and
        will pull from lower revs, it's a question of torque. I'm not saying
        that the 900 is a bad bike, far from it, but the 1200 is better and it's
        only 33lb heavier ;o)
        --
        Ò¿Ó Dame Edna : 1999 PB Trophy 4
        : 1994 Blk Speed III : Scotland
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Mik <trophy@s...> wrote:
          > the 1200 is better and it's
          > only 33lb heavier ;o)

          And it's got the right number of b's.

          Don't forget the b's.

          (Sits back and waits... well it is fireworks night in the UK!)

          :-)

          John
        • waleao@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
            Hey just lose the 33 pounds and buy a 1200. More power and twice as fast. Ed

          • Charles O'Neal
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
              I have a 1996 Trophy 1200. I have never ridden a 900 so I won't argue
              the difference, but for a good day to day driver, that handles well
              (not a sport bike, but fun to ride) The Trophy is a super bike. I
              bought mine 17 months ago and have put 13000 miles on sense then. The
              bike now has 32K miles.
              My Total maintenance including what the dealer that I bought it from
              did is.
              New Battery, Chain, rear break pads, head light bulb, Rear tire oil
              changes, Valve inspection, and a carb. adjustment.
              I did change the rear sprocket from a 44 tooth to a 40 to drop the
              RPM at high way cruising speeds. I have ridden a number of 800 mile
              days, that don't even leave you tired.

              Go for it!