RE: [TriumphTrophy] another alt. bites the dust....

  • jpfreitag@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2000
      Hi listers: Have always had a Brit thing; had MGB's for years; a couple of
      BSA's including a 580cc B50 trailie and way back an old Golden Flash, but
      most raucously, a Rickman with an extended swingarm to house a nice old 1075
      turbo Kaw with a Bill Hahn ignition and a C/R gearbox to help it stay on
      fire and boost. (Gawd, what a lot of power and pain). Also had an Italian
      thing too with a 900SS and a gorgeous 900M. and... and... I guess it is just
      a mosickle thang I have.

      Now I have a 96 BRG 1200 also, love the torque monster, and have just turned
      20,000 miles. No alternator woes ...yet? Are there any preventive steps one
      could take to hopefully avoid this problem?

      The bike has been trouble free and powerful with stiffer fork springs, Yoshi
      cans plus jets and a dyno tune from Mickey Cohen at Orange County Triumph
      (BTW, he runs a great dealership and it is a good place to have work done).
      I have only recently notice that the transmission sometimes will miss a
      shift (couldn't be the rider, ya know). Thoughts? ...thanks.

      John Freitag
      from 21 bikes to one (at the moment)