Re: [TriumphTrophy] Ignition coil failure??

  • Ed Walden
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      it, and no spark from either of the
      wires from coil on left side. With all the talk about coil failure
      lately this is the first thing I thought of. I didn't catch from any
      one if this is covered by Triumph Warranty.

      Yes it is. Make sure you tell them what you think it is or they will try to
      say it is bad gas. Tell them that was what you had after dinner last night.
      What we have today is a failed coil. Both of mine went in less then 3K
      miles.Ed

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        it, and no spark from either of the
        wires from coil on left side.  With all the talk about coil failure
        lately this is the first thing I thought of.  I didn't catch from any
        one if this is covered by Triumph Warranty.

        Yes it is.  Make sure you tell them what you think it is or they will
        try to
        say it is bad gas.  Both of mine went in less then 3K
        miles.Ed

        Mine was also covered. If you find a good dealer, like the one I deal
        with they’ll go straight to the coils and won’t lie to you. Only problem
        is dealers like that seem to be few and far between.

        Bikeless Jerry