Re: Trophy 1200 4Sale in Midwest USA

  • flatlander1200
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2003
      Paul! Sorry to see you selling the Trophy. Hope you like the next
      bike. Good luck...I'd like to see the Mille next time I am in K.C.

      Not sure if anyone is interested in Paul's bike, but I have met him
      and he seems a standup guy. I am sure it is as advertised. Plus he
      can ride a Trophy about as well as I have ever seen anyone through
      the few curves we got to carve together. Except maybe "Sarge" (who
      was that guy???) or Bill Shell, and anyone who went to the 2002
      Trophy gathering (or got the video) knows Sarge is lucky to be alive
      anyway...

      Jeff
      aka Flatlander1200
      in the shop undergoing the 24,000 mile check-up and a new rear tire.
    • Ed Walden
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
        Triumph Green, British Racing Green or the Platinum color "Silver".
        But hey, I'm a renegade.

        Cheers,

        Paul

        Ah Paul, you cannot let go of a sunset red bike. It has to stay. You
        ucould get rid of the wife but keep the bike. Man if only I had heard of
        you guys before I bought mine I could have gotten and even better deal then
        I did and I got a good one. Good luck Paul and hope you get a good price.
        Ed

      • Paul H. Lively
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Walden" <wale@c...> wrote:

          > Ah Paul, you cannot let go of a sunset red bike. It has to stay.
          You
          > ucould get rid of the wife but keep the bike. >

          Thanks for the encouragement Ed. If I had the room and money, I
          would keep the bike. But I also would've kept my beloved Valkyrie
          instead of selling her when I bought the Trophy. Add the Mille to
          the stable and I'm running out of garage space.

          Yes, I believe the "Sunset Red" is beautiful, especially when
          polished up, with the black components on the bike all shiny. Still,
          the
          name, "Sunset Red", sounds a bit...you know, sensitive, for my
          tastes. I mean hey, if the other colo[u]rs were called "Pansy
          Platinum", "Make-Me-Squeal-Teal"or "Gay-Boys-In-Bondage Green"*...
          "Sunset Red" doesn't seem too bad.

          Cheers,
          Paul ;-)
          2001 1200, metallic burgundy
          *credit to Michael Palin, MPFS, circa. 1974.
        • Ed Walden
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
            "Sunset Red", sounds a bit...you know, sensitive, for my
            tastes. I mean hey, if the other colo[u]rs were called "Pansy
            Platinum", "Make-Me-Squeal-Teal"or "Gay-Boys-In-Bondage Green"*...
            "Sunset Red" doesn't seem too bad.

            Cheers,
            Paul ;-)
            2001 1200, metallic burgundy
            *credit to Michael Palin, MPFS, circa. 1974.

            Paul with that last you should have been posting more often. Help set some
            of them GBIBG straight along time ago.
            Ed
            SR not

            PP