Re: fallovers

  • Tony Angco
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      > Almost everybody has dropped their Trophys' during the first few weeks or
      >months of ownership
      >A favorite is to stop on an off-camber surface with a little sand.
      >Another (my personal favorite) is to back it out of the garage on an icy
      day,
      >The easiest way, almost considered cheating by the more experienced of our
      >group, is to to simply forget to put the sidestand down.
      Then there is the old "leave it in neutral on a sloping surface with the
      sidestand down" trick. I've tried this one [twice!] and it works. It's
      amazing what the plastic bill can add up to on a zero speed fallover, last
      time it was over $500, thank heaven for low deductible insurance. i was able
      to keep the bike pristine until the third year of ownership then I began to
      make dumb mistakes. I think it's a passing thing, at least I hope so......
      Tony Angco
      <ynotfix@...>
      I never met a motorcycle I didn't like
      I have met a few I wouldn't own.....