Re: [TriumphTrophy] Corbin seat problems

  • Jason Shields
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Glenn said:

      "Seriously though, have you
      (or anyone), had similar fitment problems with Corbin? Do you think
      it's possible this is the wrong seat pan? Maybe one for a Sprint?
      Thanks again Tom for the info."

      Put me in the camp that thinks highly of Corbin saddles. I've had them on half a dozen bikes. When I ordered mine (Early 2002), it came in 2 weeks and fit perfectly after adjusting the mounting pin, or catch, per the instructions. I believe I had to shim the mounting bracket on the seat with 2 washers. I've put 8,000 miles on the Corbin and it works great for up to 300 miles per day. After that I just wish it was wider for more support. Which is why have ordered a Mayer seat... It came and needed changes, I sent it back and will report on it when I get a chance to test ride it...

      "gusultan" mentioned something about the stock need sucking... It does. I think I road on it for about 12 miles before ordering the Corbin. Don't give up on the Trophy, just get a good seat. I did 4 nine-hour days back to back on my '99 900 two weeks ago. I was thinking about trading "up" for a FJR1300 before that, but have decided to keep the Trophy. More character, dontchaknow...

      -Jason

    • Jason Shields
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        ""gusultan" mentioned something about the stock need sucking... It does."

        Huh?

        I'm not sure how "seat" morphed into "need", but I am sure that it totally changes the intent of the of the sentence...

        -Jason

      • J .Mick. Ormerod
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Shields" <hairhead@a...>
          wrote:
          > ""gusultan" mentioned something about the stock need sucking... It
          does."

          > Huh?
          >
          > I'm not sure how "seat" morphed into "need", but I am sure that it
          totally changes the intent of the of the sentence...

          > -Jason

          Don't worry Jason your secrets safe with us;}

          Mick,Lancs,UK.