engine modifications

  • Sachs, Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      A while back, someone posted a description of some engine mods he'd done to
      a Trophy 900 (?) and the dyno results. Seems like it included head work. I
      disregarded it, because I wasn't planning on opening up the top end anytime
      soon. Well, that plan has changed. I'll have the head off by this weekend.
      Any good info on flowing or other head work?

      thanks.

      Mike Sachs
      You know, you just can't go too far wrong
      with a motorcycle.
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
        Mike,
        Be sure you find a performance shop that has a Flow Bench to do
        the work otherwise any porting work would likely be hap-hazard!!! The
        shop that did my BBBB had one and the motor runs real sweet!
        Tom D.

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Sachs, Mike" <sachsm@d...>
        wrote:
        > A while back, someone posted a description of some engine mods he'd
        done to
        > a Trophy 900 (?) and the dyno results. Seems like it included head
        work. I
        > disregarded it, because I wasn't planning on opening up the top end
        anytime
        > soon. Well, that plan has changed. I'll have the head off by this
        weekend.
        > Any good info on flowing or other head work?
        >
        > thanks.
        >
        > Mike Sachs
        > You know, you just can't go too far wrong
        > with a motorcycle.
      • hunonwheels
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
          "Tom" <motoworld2001@y...> wrote:
          > Be sure you find a performance shop that has a Flow Bench to
          do
          > the work otherwise any porting work would likely be hap-hazard!!!
          The
          > shop that did my BBBB had one and the motor runs real sweet!
          > Tom D.
          > with a motorcycle.

          No kiddin', Tom. ;^)
          Who did yours?