Got the "new" '98 Trophy today!

  • segv@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 1999
      This really is a sweet bike, isn't it? After
      I got it moving, all concerns about top heaviness
      and seat height were forgotten. In fact, in my
      boots, I can easily flat foot both feet.

      My only gripe so far: It started rainging after
      my first 15 miles.

      Oh well. I guess I'll read the owner's manual now.

      Thanks for all the advice guys. You did me right.

      MarkS

      Definitely a sweet bike and congratulations on
      joining the Trophy fraternity!

      Michael
    • nick westcott
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
        Hey Michael - what's a little rain? That's what the Trophy fairing's for!
        I've just crept past the thousand mark today in England - and it's p**sing
        down!

        Nick
        (UK) Trophy 900

        > This really is a sweet bike, isn't it? After
        > I got it moving, all concerns about top heaviness
        > and seat height were forgotten. In fact, in my
        > boots, I can easily flat foot both feet.
        >
        > My only gripe so far: It started rainging after
        > my first 15 miles.
        >
        > Oh well. I guess I'll read the owner's manual now.
        >
        > Thanks for all the advice guys. You did me right.
        >
        > MarkS
        >

        > Definitely a sweet bike and congratulations on
        > joining the Trophy fraternity!
        >
        > Michael

        Nick,

        It was Mark who had the challenge with the rain. I will have to admit that
        I do not appreciate its virtues for motorcycling.

        Here in America car drivers simply do not expect motorcycles in the rain
        and with reduced visibility due to the spray, etc., I have had far too many
        close calls with cars. Then there are the issues of reduced traction for
        braking, cornering, and acceleration. I have driven a lot in the rain since
        a motorcycle was my only form of personal transportation for all my college
        and graduate school years and it catches me plenty of times in my work
        commutes. And yes, rain is one of the reasons I driven only with a fairing
        for 30 plus years.

        For Mark, on a new powerful Triumph, I congratulate him on being conservative.

        Michael