Fall Foliage Ride-In 2003.

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      The "TT" this year brought together some really good people with
      their bikes to a place that offered some really good twisties. The
      disappointment that I felt from not having my machine is forcing me
      to propose another get together in the Northeast. This time I am
      suggesting that we have another weekend get together for Trophy
      riders and friends this fall. That time of year will offer a
      kaleidoscope of color to everyone that can attend, and the
      temperature will likely be just right during the day to be very
      comfortable as you twist through the mountains. Any time after the
      second weekend in September should provide everyone with enough time
      to plan for this event and for Mother Nature to offer her best to us.
      The Fall Foliage will be at its peak in the more Northern areas and
      as long as the weather is in our favor the riding will be well worth
      the effort. I do have a concern for the Canadian riders though
      because of traveling that time of the year. You Canukes will have to
      provide some information to the rest of us so the date of this get
      together can be adjusted accordingly. The areas that will provide
      the most enjoyable riding are Vermont, Western Massachusetts, and
      Upstate New York. Somewhere central to these areas will provide us
      the best place for lodging, and I am sure we can also find a good
      place to eat and drink in the same town. I will take the
      responsibility of getting a couple names of towns that we can stay in
      that will offer us what we will need. As for the actual date of
      this "FF Ride-In", it will need some input from every one interested
      to better understand when would be the best time to gather. So all of
      you people North, SOUTH, East and WEST, that had to cancel this
      Spring, now have a chance to experience what every one was talking
      about a few weeks ago only this time the colors through out the
      Mountain are absolutely spectacular!!!
      Tom D.
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2003
        Hello,
        I said I would, so here it is! October 18-19th looks like a
        good weekend for a Trophy Ride-In! So tell me, who-all is willing to
        show up and ride? I think if we gather in Northwestern Mass. it will
        allow us to ride through the peak color areas, regardless of what
        direction we would need to go. Towns like Adams, North Adams, or
        Williamstown seems to fit the need. If you want to stay in Vermont,
        Bennington is the place. Please respond to this e-mail ASAP so the
        location can be established! I will be looking for your input!!!
        Tom Donovan
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2003
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <motoworld2001@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I said I would, so here it is! October 18-19th looks like a
          > good weekend for a Trophy Ride-In! So tell me, who-all is willing
          > show up and ride? I think if we gather in Northwestern Mass. it
          will
          > allow us to ride through the peak color areas, regardless of what
          > direction we would need to go. Towns like Adams, North Adams, or
          > Williamstown seems to fit the need. If you want to stay in Vermont,
          > Bennington is the place. Please respond to this e-mail ASAP so the
          > location can be established! I will be looking for your input!!!
          > Tom Donovan

          Here is some more info!

          http://local.msn.com/special/archive/travel_fall.asp

          Tom
        • sixtysix
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2003
            Tom,

            That weekend I will be at TWO in Northern GA, then staying in Cherokee
            NC for rest of week, sorry looks like I won't be able to come to this
            one.

            Gary Granger

            I said I would, so here it is! October 18-19th looks like a
            good weekend for a Trophy Ride-In!

            <snip>

            Tom Donovan