Forum Etiquette

  • Officer Rawson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
      OK Robert, so if someone cannot get information onto the file section of the
      Triumph Trophy List, which I am assuming is this list? To whom does one
      address the query? Is that query of benefit of other list users? Baring in mind that
      it may be useful information going out to the list free!
      If an answer is not seen after several postings (May have accidentally been
      deleted)
      Is it then OK for the owner/moderator to vilify or insult that lister if he
      makes reference to what he feels is an ignored question? Again it says in the
      file section that only the owner can update files!

      SNIP

      Well this has placed me in a difficult dilemma.

      My reasoning for stating that this complaint of public humiliation should be addressed off group direct with Ken and not in the forum is it can very quickly get out of hand when other people join in what is already a heated argument.

      Yes there is a problem with the file and I agree it is in the interest of other readers to know of this and ways to address the problem.

      Tom in the U.S. was offering helpful advice and questions last night with a view to resolving the problem.

      There is no reason for anyone to feel insulted or humiliated or indeed to tolerate it but if such a problem does exist I would request that the complainant deals with the person alleging to have insulted him directly and if that cannot be resolved or either party is unwilling to cooperate then address the matter through the second moderator or an appointed person.

      It is only a news group but is similar to any club or organisation and maybe there should be some form of etiquette to ensure that matters such as these can be addressed and dealt with minimal disruption and offence to other readers/members.

      I can appreciate that you are upset but hopefully it is not with me. I am trying to be diplimatic and impartial thoughout.

      (IMHO)
      Best Regards,

      Robert 'Officer' Rawson

      Triumph Trophy 1200 Platinum Millennium

    • BWG3COY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
        In a message dated 29/06/2003 22:40:31 GMT Daylight Time, robert@...
        writes:

        > Tom in the U.S. was offering helpful advice and questions last night with a
        > view to resolving the problem.

        Robert
        I have just finished sending him all 26 pages.
        I appreciate your impartiality but I have just completed 30 years of being an
        'Aunt Sally'

        Cofion (regards)
        Redio y balcher (Ride With Pride)
        John Bonnewell. Secretary/Treasurer. Blue Knights Wales 1 (Cymru1)
        <A HREF="http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm">Blue Knights Wales 1</A>

      • BWG3COY@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
          writes:

          > My reasoning for stating that this complaint of public humiliation should
          > be addressed off group direct with Ken and not in the forum is it can very
          > quickly get out of hand when other people join in what is already a heated
          > argument.

          But is'nt Ken the Moderator....Do as I say not as I do? He after all sets the
          rules and jumps on members for exactly what he is doing. ie: Dame Edna also

          Cofion (regards)
          Redio y balcher (Ride With Pride)
          John Bonnewell. Secretary/Treasurer. Blue Knights Wales 1 (Cymru1)
          <A HREF="http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm">Blue Knights Wales 1</A>

        • Tom Witt
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, BWG3COY@a... wrote:
            robert@r...
            > writes:
            >
            > > Tom in the U.S. was offering helpful advice and questions last
            night with a
            > > view to resolving the problem.
            > >
            > Robert
            > I have just finished sending him all 26 pages.
            > I appreciate your impartiality but I have just completed 30 years
            of being an
            > 'Aunt Sally'

            I suggested several possible reasons for uploading troubles. I've
            offered to help. I have NEVER received any messages with files or
            scanned pages of any kind, nor has anyone made any inquires with me
            seaking advise or help. The only details I even know about
            this "Problem" are those presented to me by others users, none from
            those at the core of the problem. I would very much like to resolve
            this issue and am still willing to offer assistance within my
            capabilities. If the issues can't be fixed, there are workarounds,
            but there will never be a resolution if the person with the problem
            doesn't really want help.

            ..and for the record (and perhaps to show some of my ignorance), I
            have no idea what the "Aunt Sally" reference means.

            Tom
          • BWG3COY@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
              In a message dated 30/06/2003 00:06:09 GMT Daylight Time, Witttom@...
              writes:

              > ..and for the record (and perhaps to show some of my ignorance), I
              > have no idea what the "Aunt Sally" reference means.
              >
              > Tom

              Did you read the post?????
              It was addressed to Robert. You will see the problem has been resolved
              And lastly I was referring to Robert's post with 'Aunt Sally'
              An Aunt Sally is an old time fair ground attraction...Wooden statues that you
              threw wooden balls at, if you hit it you got a prize.
              Again your post sound aggressive as if you have been offended? I am sorry if
              I have come to that conclusion. But unlike Ken Hastie I am willing to
              apologise if I have offended you but I think you have either misread the post or read
              a post not addressed to you.

              Cofion (regards)
              Redio y balcher (Ride With Pride)
              John Bonnewell. Secretary/Treasurer. Blue Knights Wales 1 (Cymru1)
              <A HREF="http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm">Blue Knights Wales 1</A>

            • John
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
                I am trying to be diplimatic and impartial thoughout.

                (IMHO)
                Best Regards,

                Robert 'Officer' Rawson

                ***************************
                Diplomacy: The art of telling some one to "go to hell" in such a way that
                he anticipates the trip. Good luck in your diplomatic approach.

                Trophy Content: I followed some recommendations/comments here and went out,
                bought myself some extenders and a 1" hole saw and proceeded to drill out
                the stock mufflers. I can honestly say, after much drilling and several test
                rides...."Whoop-de-freaking-do" In other words, don't waste your time or
                money. IMEO, the difference is so minor, it is not worth the effort. Oh
                well, I was able to clean the inboard side of the mufflers quite well this
                way, (took them off to do it)

                John of Jax 2002 1200SSC

              • Ed Walden
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 29, 2003
                  Trophy Content: I followed some recommendations/comments here and went out,
                  bought myself some extenders and a 1" hole saw and proceeded to drill out
                  the stock mufflers. I can honestly say, after much drilling and several test
                  rides...."Whoop-de-freaking-do" In other words, don't waste your time or
                  money. IMEO, the difference is so minor, it is not worth the effort. Oh
                  well, I was able to clean the inboard side of the mufflers quite well this
                  way, (took them off to do it)

                  John of Jax 2002 1200SSC

                  See there you go again. If you had used the 7/8" hole saw that we all recomended it would have made all of the difference. Clean them old ears out you Harley Bum. Ed :o) Hey check and see if those Australian mufflers are still on sell. They are a hell of a lot cheaper then Staintune or D&D.

                • Ken Hastie
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 30, 2003
                    > Again it says in the file section that only the owner can update files!

                    For claification, this is the owner of the file. NOT the owner of the
                    list.

                    This means that anyone can create a folder, and upload a file. But
                    only that same person can amend it, delete it, or overwrite it.

                    The only exception to this is in the case of the List Owner, or
                    anyone who has been given the authority by the List Owner. In John B's
                    case, I could not determine what was preventing him from uploading.

                    Ken Hastie
                    List Owner
                  • John