Re: [TriumphTrophy] Any ideas for my seat problem?

  • Officer Rawson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
      >Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem other than
      >leaving her behind? ( I knew someone would say it so I did ). I was
      >thinking of maybe a gel type cover for her area

      Theres plenty of suppliers of gel pads available, try a web search.
      I bought a removable type (strap on,... no sniggering) only tried it on a 150 mile trip but I do think it improved comfort. The (European Divisions) Scotland Raid is this coming weekend four days around the Scottish Highlands so i'll get to try it out better then.

      ~Steve~

      I guess thats a good way of doing it as it saves the expense of going full hog on a new seat and then finding out it is not what you expected. Good idea

      Officer R

    • Ken Hastie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
        On 2 Jun 03 at 9:12, Steven Kirk wrote:

        > At 01:53 02/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >
        > >Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem other than
        > >leaving her behind? ( I knew someone would say it so I did ). I
        > >was thinking of maybe a gel type cover for her area

        Don't know if I should mention this, because I ain't no softy
        southerner 8:), but on LONG trips, I use a Li-lo pillow. You may call
        them air beds in the USA. Anyway, it is only about 14" square.

        The trick is to only put a smidgeon of air into it. That's all you
        need, and it hardly raises the user at all. But it eases the pressure
        points.

        Many on this list have in-built additional padding (on the rider, not
        the bike), so don't have the problem.

        I mention no names. 8:)

        They know who they are....

        Ken the Geordie
      • Bob Long
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003

            > I had the same problem with my wife and found a solution from a company
            > called Air Rider. I bought a pillion pad that's 9" x 7" for the back of
            > my Corbin seat. It doesn't strap on but has a non-slip backing that
            > really works. You just lay it on the seat then sit on it and it doesn't
            > slide around at all. The inside is gel and foam of some sort. WE've been
            > on a couple of all day rides with it and so far she says it's a big
            > improvement. It's not cheap though, about $100 with shipping. Hope this helps.
            > B.Long
            > Asheville, NC

            I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
            curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
            are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

            Thanks,

            Norman
            '99 1200 PB
          • Officer Rawson
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
              I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
              curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
              are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

              Thanks,

              Norman
              '99 1200 PB

              Also monitoring this thread as this next on my shopping list

              Robert

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
                I suggest you check out their web site and take a look at all of their products for starters. I'm sure there are other pads out there I just got this one because it was so portable, you can take it with you and use it elsewhere. It comes in a lot of different shapes and sizes too. They have one that fills with air but I sat on it in Daytona and I think you tend to move around alot on that type. Good Luck!
                Bob
                > I had the same problem with my wife and found a solution from a company
                > called Air Rider. I bought a pillion pad that's 9" x 7" for the back of
                > my Corbin seat. It doesn't strap on but has a non-slip backing that
                > really works. You just lay it on the seat then sit on it and it doesn't
                > slide around at all. The inside is gel and foam of some sort. WE've been
                > on a couple of all day rides with it and so far she says it's a big
                > improvement. It's not cheap though, about $100 with shipping. Hope this helps.
                > B.Long
                > Asheville, NC

                I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
                curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
                are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

                Thanks,

                Norman
                '99 1200 PB

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the reader!

              • cooperman66uk
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
                  > I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and
                  pillion, so I am
                  > curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there
                  and they
                  > are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal
                  experiences?

                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Norman
                  > '99 1200 PB

                  Norm, I'am touring in two weeks from UK down to Spain I have one of
                  the Airhawk seat pads (expensive) They are a bit like Ken's lilo
                  pillow only cost a lot more, are none slip, and have some vents in to
                  let the air circulate!!! I'll report back in about a month and let
                  you know if it was worth the money. Just fitted a clearview XL also
                  so we'll see how that performs on a long trip in the heat.
                  Cheers Steve

                  98 900
                  72 commando
                  69 dommie