Re: [TriumphTrophy] Any ideas for my seat problem?

  • Steven Kirk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
      At 01:53 02/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem other than
      >leaving her behind? ( I knew someone would say it so I did ). I was
      >thinking of maybe a gel type cover for her area

      Theres plenty of suppliers of gel pads available, try a web search.
      I bought a removable type (strap on,... no sniggering) only tried it on a 150 mile trip but I do think it improved comfort. The (European Divisions) Scotland Raid is this coming weekend four days around the Scottish Highlands so i'll get to try it out better then.

      ~Steve~
      95/Trophy4]
      Scotland
    • Officer Rawson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
        >Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem other than
        >leaving her behind? ( I knew someone would say it so I did ). I was
        >thinking of maybe a gel type cover for her area

        Theres plenty of suppliers of gel pads available, try a web search.
        I bought a removable type (strap on,... no sniggering) only tried it on a 150 mile trip but I do think it improved comfort. The (European Divisions) Scotland Raid is this coming weekend four days around the Scottish Highlands so i'll get to try it out better then.

        ~Steve~

        I guess thats a good way of doing it as it saves the expense of going full hog on a new seat and then finding out it is not what you expected. Good idea

        Officer R

      • Ken Hastie
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
          On 2 Jun 03 at 9:12, Steven Kirk wrote:

          > At 01:53 02/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >
          > >Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem other than
          > >leaving her behind? ( I knew someone would say it so I did ). I
          > >was thinking of maybe a gel type cover for her area

          Don't know if I should mention this, because I ain't no softy
          southerner 8:), but on LONG trips, I use a Li-lo pillow. You may call
          them air beds in the USA. Anyway, it is only about 14" square.

          The trick is to only put a smidgeon of air into it. That's all you
          need, and it hardly raises the user at all. But it eases the pressure
          points.

          Many on this list have in-built additional padding (on the rider, not
          the bike), so don't have the problem.

          I mention no names. 8:)

          They know who they are....

          Ken the Geordie
        • Bob Long
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003

              > I had the same problem with my wife and found a solution from a company
              > called Air Rider. I bought a pillion pad that's 9" x 7" for the back of
              > my Corbin seat. It doesn't strap on but has a non-slip backing that
              > really works. You just lay it on the seat then sit on it and it doesn't
              > slide around at all. The inside is gel and foam of some sort. WE've been
              > on a couple of all day rides with it and so far she says it's a big
              > improvement. It's not cheap though, about $100 with shipping. Hope this helps.
              > B.Long
              > Asheville, NC

              I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
              curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
              are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

              Thanks,

              Norman
              '99 1200 PB
            • Officer Rawson
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
                I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
                curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
                are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

                Thanks,

                Norman
                '99 1200 PB

                Also monitoring this thread as this next on my shopping list

                Robert

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
                  I suggest you check out their web site and take a look at all of their products for starters. I'm sure there are other pads out there I just got this one because it was so portable, you can take it with you and use it elsewhere. It comes in a lot of different shapes and sizes too. They have one that fills with air but I sat on it in Daytona and I think you tend to move around alot on that type. Good Luck!
                  Bob
                  > I had the same problem with my wife and found a solution from a company
                  > called Air Rider. I bought a pillion pad that's 9" x 7" for the back of
                  > my Corbin seat. It doesn't strap on but has a non-slip backing that
                  > really works. You just lay it on the seat then sit on it and it doesn't
                  > slide around at all. The inside is gel and foam of some sort. WE've been
                  > on a couple of all day rides with it and so far she says it's a big
                  > improvement. It's not cheap though, about $100 with shipping. Hope this helps.
                  > B.Long
                  > Asheville, NC

                  I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and pillion, so I am
                  curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there and they
                  are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal experiences?

                  Thanks,

                  Norman
                  '99 1200 PB

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the reader!

                • cooperman66uk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
                    > I am looking for some extra comfort for both the rider and
                    pillion, so I am
                    > curious what the best seat pad is. There are so many out there
                    and they
                    > are not inexpensive. Anyone know of any reviews or personal
                    experiences?

                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Norman
                    > '99 1200 PB

                    Norm, I'am touring in two weeks from UK down to Spain I have one of
                    the Airhawk seat pads (expensive) They are a bit like Ken's lilo
                    pillow only cost a lot more, are none slip, and have some vents in to
                    let the air circulate!!! I'll report back in about a month and let
                    you know if it was worth the money. Just fitted a clearview XL also
                    so we'll see how that performs on a long trip in the heat.
                    Cheers Steve

                    98 900
                    72 commando
                    69 dommie