97 back shock

  • Dale Fretwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      My rear shock does not match the one in the manual. The one in the
      manual shows a dampener screw on the bottom off the shock. My shock has
      two screws at the top. One on each side. My dealer tells me that this
      is wrong. Does anyone out there with a 97 Trophy1200 have the same
      thing.

      Thank you for any help.

      Fret

      88 gsxrr1100 because it's fun
      97 Trophy1200 because I'm getting older
      86 RG500 because I'm not that old, yet
    • Niall Guiver
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        --- In TriumphTrophy@egroups.com, Dale Fretwell <dfret@r...> wrote:
        > My rear shock does not match the one in the manual. The one in the
        > manual shows a dampener screw on the bottom off the shock. My shock has
        > two screws at the top. One on each side. My dealer tells me that this
        > is wrong. Does anyone out there with a 97 Trophy1200 have the same thing?

        Dale,

        I've got the same bike as you ('97 1200 - Vin 47055) and it sounds
        like you've got the same rear shock as me. It's not covered in the
        manual, I phoned Triumph and they said that there should have been a
        suppliment supplied with the handbook to cover this shock.

        This subject has been covered before on this list when I was confused
        by the rear shock on my bike - see message 2135 onwards.

        Cheers

        Niall