Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Fwd: [TriumphTiger] Autoglym Motor

  • Steven Kirk
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 12:29 AM
      At 18:30 30/04/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >--- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@h...> wrote:
      > > And as usual, Ken disagrees ! I would clarify the statement to
      >say
      > > that Autosol should never be used on pristine chrome, but on
      >chrome
      > > that is slightly past it's sell by date, it is perfect for
      >removing
      > > those tiny rust spots and stains BECAUSE it has a mild abrasive
      > > texture.

      RUST, RUST ! why would you have rust on your Trophy ?
      Hope Mik doesn't read this, he'll need to go back on the pills he needed
      after seeing Kens working bike at Jedburgh ;p)))

      ~Steve~
    • Ken Hastie
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 2:39 AM
        > To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
        > From: Steven Kirk <mail@...>
        > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 08:29:33 +0100
        > Subject: Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Fwd: [TriumphTiger] Autoglym Motor

        > RUST, RUST ! why would you have rust on your Trophy ?
        > Hope Mik doesn't read this, he'll need to go back on the pills he
        > needed after seeing Kens working bike at Jedburgh ;p)))
        >
        > ~Steve~

        Rust is what you guys get who rely only on Triumph brand fork
        protectors, at least those who use their bikes through winter and in
        rain 8:)

        It also applies to those who own real bikes (the ones with the oil
        puddles underneath)

        Ken the Geordie
      • markpeck2000
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 1:23 PM
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Steven Kirk <mail@t...> wrote:
          > At 18:30 30/04/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          > >--- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@h...>
          wrote:
          > > > And as usual, Ken disagrees ! I would clarify the statement to
          > >say
          > > > that Autosol should never be used on pristine chrome, but on
          > >chrome
          > > > that is slightly past it's sell by date, it is perfect for
          > >removing
          > > > those tiny rust spots and stains BECAUSE it has a mild abrasive
          > > > texture.
          >

          > RUST, RUST ! why would you have rust on your Trophy ?
          > Hope Mik doesn't read this, he'll need to go back on the pills he
          needed
          > after seeing Kens working bike at Jedburgh ;p)))
          >
          > ~Steve~

          Do what I do......clean the bike when I feel like it (usually
          between 3-4 week periods) and use it every day!!

          It still comes up 'clean' although the more anal retentive
          would 'carp' about some of the fastners showing a little corrosion.
          Bollox, I say! Use it, thrash it, enjoy it! Only clean it when it
          the weight of the crud slows it down!! ;-))

          Mark
        • BWG3COY@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4 4:07 AM
            Not Trophy but still on this thread. What did you finally get that grey shit
            off with?
            The Blasck on my Trophy is OK but the Harley black bits have gone grey
            because of the Auto Glym

            Cofion (regards)

            John Bonnewell. Secretary/Treasurer. Blue Knights Wales 1 (Cymru1)
            <A HREF="http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm">Blue Knights Wales 1</A>