Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Interested in Purchasing a Trophy

  • Mik
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
      During a gear change, Ed Walden <wale@...> penned ...

      >that's his fire bucket
      >I agree that we should buy him a bag of cement.
      > Ò¿Ó Dame Edna

      > Its alright mik. I would piss if I had to lose a cylinder.
      > Ed:o)

      Take my advise here - don't piss when you have your head in a bucket
      full of sand and cement ;o)
      --
      Ò¿Ó Dame Edna : 1999 PB Trophy 4
      : 1994 Blk Speed III : Scotland
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jcerame" <jcerame@a...> wrote:
        > I am interested in purchasing a Trophy 1200 that is for sale near
        my
        > home town.

        Jorge,
        Here is a site that reviews the Trophy, from first design though to
        2003.

        <http://www.drive.to/trophy>

        TT
        900/99
        IBA 12914
      • marshall_morbark
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
          Jorge,
          The biggest thing you'll notice is that 1200 is a bit higher on the
          torque side...but the 900 has this cool 3 cyl sound that you just
          don't find often...I have the 3cyl. 900 and love to see heads turn
          when I ride by. What year is the bike you're looking at? Mileage
          will be a direct reflection of care/condition over the years & riding
          style. I'm getting mid 40's & I tend to ride a bit harder than some.
          Good luck...if you get the bike let me know, I live in Mt. Pleasant.
          Bill
        • blasket2003
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jcerame" <jcerame@a...> wrote:
            > I am interested in purchasing a Trophy 1200 that is for sale near
            my
            > home town. Before I got too excited, I wanted to do a little
            > research. I was hoping the folks in this group could help me out.
            >
            > I have a few questions about the Trophy:
            > - Are there any common maladies that I should be on the lookout for?
            > - How economical is the Troph 1200 (in miles per gallons)
            > - How different is the character between the 1200 and the 900?
            >

            > Thanks in advance,
            > Jorge Cerame
            > Midland Michigan
            ok
          • blasket2003
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 2, 2003
              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jcerame" <jcerame@a...> wrote:
              > I am interested in purchasing a Trophy 1200 that is for sale near
              my
              > home town. Before I got too excited, I wanted to do a little
              > research. I was hoping the folks in this group could help me out.
              >
              > I have a few questions about the Trophy:
              > - Are there any common maladies that I should be on the lookout for?
              > - How economical is the Troph 1200 (in miles per gallons)
              > - How different is the character between the 1200 and the 900?
              >

              > Thanks in advance,
              > Jorge Cerame
              > Midland Michigan

              Jorge,
              I bought my ne Trophy 1200 in January last and without doing a test
              ride first (thats another story). It gives 34/35mpg in the city and
              38-40 in the country depending on the right wrist - my elderly Kz1100
              gives 40 - 44 by comparison. I 've had a fuel starvation problem
              caused by the vacuum tube disconnecting from the carb - gravity feed
              got me home and the dealer fixed it with a wire clip to prevent
              reoccurance. Beautiful to look at and very light and predictable to
              ride it handles really well. The engine has masses of torque and is
              the smoothest 4 I've know Big capacity baggage that looks the part.
              I could have gone for the ZZR1200 same price but the Trophy has a
              more comfortable riding position. Wd I buy another one after 2000
              miles - you bet.
              VicG