Tank bag

  • brucetrophy@iglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2000
      All, need some advice on a tank bag for the Trophy. I have never
      owned one in my life for any motorcycle so any advice would be
      appreciated. I am not interested in the trunk you can get from Givi
      or Triumph but could use some more room at times.
      I would like something that does not slip or scratch the tank and is
      expandable. Anyone found anything like that and that actually works?
      Thanks
      Bruce
    • Barry Freeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2000
        On Tue, 04 Jul 2000 21:28:43 -0000, you wrote:

        >All, need some advice on a tank bag for the Trophy.

        http://www.bagster.com They aren't the cheapest but a tank harness
        and your choice of bags comes to around 140 UKP. They make a harness
        for the Trophy, and will colour match (to a degree. The wine red is
        perfect for the Merlot).

        It's not magnetic, so no slipping or scratching. It's well-made, but
        not waterproof but the bigger bags come with a storm cover.

        Regards,
        BAzz
        Hincklémon - Gotta catch 'em all!
      • Beardg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2002
          In a message dated 7/26/2002 4:10:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com writes:

          > Subject: I need a tank bag!

          Beardg>>I cannot more highly recommend the Road Gear magnetic bag.Top quality
          great features,sticks like glue with just the magnets(no hooks)map pocket
          that is removable,expandable,key hooks,handles,5 year guarantee. they have a
          decent site...maybe> http://roadgear.com/home/index.cfm
          Great stuff,nice people...made in the usa....
          DaveL.

        • Beardg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2003
            In a message dated 1/18/2003 6:45:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com writes:

            > Does anyone have a tank bag for their Trophy?
            > I've looked a little...w/o success.
            > Thanks,
            > Bill

            Beardg>>I LOVE my Roadgear bag, magnetic large. Excellent quality,lots of
            nooks and crannies, sticks like glue.

          • Michael Collins
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2003
              Does anyone have a tank bag for their Trophy?
              > >I've looked a little...w/o success.

              Bill, A few months ago I purchased an Eclipse Sportpack Tankbag #200. It is
              a strap mounted bag that does not interfere with the side Triumph graphics
              on the tank. There is an optional backpack harness can be purchased through
              Eclipse. At the same time I purchased an Eclipse Fastpack Seatpack #300. I
              really like both items; they take the place of the hardbags which I shall
              use only under extended touring trips. Both packs will hold a full face
              helmet, are soundly constructed and Eclipse stands behind its products.

              I've uploaded three pics of my Trophy to the Triumph Trophy yahoogroups
              photos folder; they are in the folder entitled: Michael's Trophy.

              Later,

              Michael