Fogging

  • Keith Ley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
      Someone once told me to rub a cut (raw) potato on my ski goggles to keep
      them from fogging. The juice from the potato is supposed to keep the moister
      from collecting on the plastic. Never tried it but you could give that a
      try, cheap enough.

    • Rick Willmore <willmore@ihug.co.nz>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Ley" <keith_ley@h...>
        wrote:
        > Someone once told me to rub a cut (raw) potato on my ski goggles
        to keep
        > them from fogging. The juice from the potato is supposed to keep
        the moister
        > from collecting on the plastic. Never tried it but you could give
        that a
        > try, cheap enough.

        ...and afterwards you could wrap them in aluminium foil with a knob
        of butter, some chives and maybe a little crushed garlic and
        position them carefully between the exhaust and the sump. After
        exactly 117 miles at average 5000rpm, voila, lunch.

        I recall being told that many years ago, trying it out on an old
        Vauxhall with no demister that I had , and being distinctly
        unimpressed by the cloudy mess it left on the window.

        Rick
      • A Deux - a2
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2012
          but it cuts through the oil film