rear mudguard extension

  • flowerbed666
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
      HI All, I have just took delivery of my new 2002 trophy (after my
      last one got nicked), the question is that this one seems to throw
      water and dirt all over the back of the pillion passenger (I never
      noticed it on the 1997 model).

      I've had a look round to find an extension for the rear guard but to
      no avail can anyone help and point me in the right direction.

      regards Flowerbed
    • Mick
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002

        > I've had a look round to find an extension for the rear guard but
        > no avail can anyone help and point me in the right direction.
        >
        > regards Flowerbed. <SNIP>

        Flowerbed?

        Triumph do a front and rear mudguard extender, try your local dealer
        or send for one mail order.www.onyertriumph.net. Sorry about url, not
        pc literate yet!

        Mick,01 1200 azure blue (the fast one)Lancs,UK.
      • BWG3COY@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
          taylork@... writes:

          > I've had a look round to find an extension for the rear guard but to
          > no avail can anyone help and point me in the right direction.
          >
          > regards Flowerbed

          M7P in Swansea.. <A HREF="http://www.mandp.co.uk/frameset.htm">M & P Motorcycles</A>
          Cofion (regards)
          John Bonnewell Blue Knights England ll (Lloegr 2)
          <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html">Blue Knights Wales 1</A> <A HREF="http://homestead.com/AnnJohnBonnewell/start.html">Our Home Page</A>

        • Denny
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
            Hi,
            When I took delivery of my 2001 they had mud guard extensions for
            both front and rear. I don't know the cost because they threw them in as
            part of the deal.

            flowerbed666 wrote:

            >HI All, I have just took delivery of my new 2002 trophy (after my
            >last one got nicked), the question is that this one seems to throw
            >water and dirt all over the back of the pillion
            >

            >Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the reader!
            >
            >Post message: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
            >Subscribe: TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          • Ed Walden

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                For the new Trophy I cannot find a rear extension, even at the site you
                recommended and Triumph does not make one for the 2000 - 2002. I have
                already verified that. Ed

                That's odd. I wonder whats hanging under my rear number plate? <g>
                I got it from M7Ps for about £14 I like theirs because it does'nt stick out
                backwards like the Triumph one.
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                    <A HREF="http://www.thefastone.co.uk/">MPS</A>
                    <A HREF="http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/">The Powerbronze Catalogue</A>
                    <A HREF="http://www.gomotorcycle.com/">GoMotorcycle.com - An Internet Storefront for Motorcycle Parts & Motorcycle
                    Acc</A> <A HREF="http://www.sel-motion.com/bonneville.htm">Parts and Accessories for the new Triumph Bonneville</A>
                    I hope these are of assistance. They are there somewhere because I have one
                    on my Trophy

                    Cofion (regards)
                    John Bonnewell Blue Knights England ll (Lloegr 2)
                    <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html">Blue Knights Wales 1</A> <A HREF="http://homestead.com/AnnJohnBonnewell/start.html">Our Home Page</A>

                  • Mik
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                      During a gear change, BWG3COY@... penned ...
                      > <A HREF="http://www.thefastone.co.uk/">MPS</A>
                      [Snip]
                      >I hope these are of assistance. They are there somewhere because I have one
                      >on my Trophy
                      >Cofion (regards)

                      No doubt you are answering someone's question but as a stand alone email
                      (which is how I and countless others received it) it makes no sense what
                      so ever .... There is also no real need to enclose links in full
                      "anchor" tags either - it works but it is a bit clumsy for a text medium
                      like this list....
                      --
                      Ò¿Ó Dame Edna : 1999 PB Trophy 4
                    • sixtysix
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                        I have one on my 2000 Trophy 1200 as well, it’s right in the 2001
                        Triumph accessory book (p21) part number A9701030, I bought mine
                        7/16/2001. Unless they stopped making them or something. I verified the
                        part number on my invoice as well. Price was $30 USD.

                        Gary

                        2000 BRG 1200

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                          "it makes no sense what
                          so ever .... There is also no real need to enclose links in full"

                          Come on Edwina _ lighten up _ after all this bullshine re. the fastest colour? give the guy a break - HE was trying to help!
                          I new what he was on about - it was in the subject heading.

                          Please sort these lot out Ken !-)
                          Al '99 !1200 BRG (THE fastest colour!)

                        • Ed Walden
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
                            "it makes no sense what
                            so ever .... There is also no real need to enclose links in full"

                            Come on Edwina _ lighten up _ after all this bullshine re. the fastest
                            colour? give the guy a break - HE was trying to help!
                            I new what he was on about - it was in the subject heading.

                            Please sort these lot out Ken !-)
                            Al '99 !1200 BRG (THE fastest colour!)

                            That was not me (Ed). I agree that someone is in need of help and you guys
                            are doing a good job. I am not complaining or even objecting, that was Mik.
                            My name got attached because someone snipped incorrectly. Ken, let this get
                            thru so Al knows I did not start this. Ed
                          • BWG3COY@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                              trophy@... writes:

                              > No doubt you are answering someone's question but as a stand alone email
                              > (which is how I and countless others received it) it makes no sense what
                              > so ever ....

                              Sorry I thought this was the Trophy list. My appolagies. It was answering
                              enquiries for Trophy rea fender extention. Is that what the Email title
                              reads?
                              So it makes sense to someone?
                              I only answer very few these days because most answers are ignored or
                              smartarse

                              > There is also no real need to enclose links in full
                              > "anchor" tags either - it works but it is a bit clumsy for a text medium
                              > like this list....

                              Blue letters usually denote a 'Hyperlink' which I thought meant that you just
                              click on them and you go to the relevant site. Obviously I am wrong

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 3, 2002
                                During a gear change, BWG3COY@... penned ...
                                >In a message dated 01/12/2002 20:27:23 GMT Standard Time,
                                >trophy@... writes:
                                >> No doubt you are answering someone's question but as a stand alone email
                                >> (which is how I and countless others received it) it makes no sense what
                                >> so ever ....

                                >Sorry I thought this was the Trophy list. My appolagies. It was answering
                                >enquiries for Trophy rea fender extention. Is that what the Email title
                                >reads?

                                It is the Trophy List so if you are looking on the web then it does make
                                sense because you start off by viewing a list of subject headers which
                                are often arranged in chronological order. However, as is the way,
                                emails often arrive out of order - consequently it is (always) a good
                                idea to include a little of the previous message so that your reply
                                makes sense and can be read as an individual/"stand alone message".

                                >> There is also no real need to enclose links in full
                                >> "anchor" tags either - it works but it is a bit clumsy for a text medium
                                >> like this list....

                                >Blue letters usually denote a 'Hyperlink' which I thought meant that you just
                                >click on them and you go to the relevant site. Obviously I am wrong

                                No you are not wrong, blue does normally denote a hyperlink and the
                                Hyper Text Transfer Language "Anchor Tags" you are using is the "only
                                way" a web browser will be able to interpret and display the link
                                correctly.

                                This is not an HTML environment, this is a text environment, it's email
                                not hyper-text transfer protocol (http:). In this environment your
                                encapsulated links merely appear as a large amount of clumsy code, to me
                                and to the majority of the people who receive it.

                                To achieve a "clickable" link in "the majority" of email clients use the
                                following format...

                                <URL:http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html>

                                Which is a lot simpler (and less clumsy) than this ...

                                <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html">Blue
                                Knights Wales 1</A>

                                However if you want you emails to look clumsy and to forward an
                                impression that you don't really understand the medium you are working
                                with, then fair play and carry on. No one is being smartarse or ignoring
                                you BTW - no one was having a go at you, however, I will always react to
                                snottogram emails posted into a public forum.
                                --
                                Ò¿Ó Dame Edna : 1999 PB Trophy 4
                              • Ed Walden
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 3, 2002
                                  However if you want you emails to look clumsy and to forward an
                                  impression that you don't really understand the medium you are working
                                  with, then fair play and carry on. No one is being smartarse or ignoring
                                  you BTW - no one was having a go at you, however, I will always react to
                                  snottogram emails posted into a public forum.
                                  --
                                  Ò¿Ó Dame Edna : 1999 PB Trophy 4

                                  Elitist scum ;o)
                                • BWG3COY@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 3, 2002
                                    trophy@... writes:

                                    > To achieve a "clickable" link in "the majority" of email clients use the
                                    > following format...
                                    >
                                    > <URL:http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html>
                                    >
                                    > Which is a lot simpler (and less clumsy) than this ...
                                    >
                                    > <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bwg3coy/walesoneindex.html">Blue
                                    > Knights Wales 1</A>

                                    The latter came back much clearer than your first example thanks.
                                    God its like being back at school. I am a bit past this I am afraid. I think
                                    the modern term is 'I can't be arsed'
                                    Shutting down and going for a ride.........................