Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Hints for changing pads/chains

  • Doug Kerr
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2000
      >Let me get this right, 12,000 + 19,000 +30,000 = 61,000 miles. Makes
      >me feel like I never take my bike out 8)
      >
      >So lets see who's got the highest total and average mileage then. I
      >know I'm going to be well down the lest but here goes.
      >
      >Miles: 15,000 Years: 3 Average per year: 5,000

      2 years, 20,000 miles........but now I'm a Dad!!!
    • Ken Hastie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2000
        On 2 Jun 00 at 5:39, Niall Guiver wrote:

        > Miles: 15,000 Years: 3 Average per year: 5,000

        That's not a bad mileage at all. I know guys who do 1500 miles per
        annum and they think that's a lot !

        Now that I have been made redundant today (long story, but something
        to do with telling my boss he is a prick; - we Geordies don't suffer
        fools gladly!) I now have the opportunity to travel with a few quid in
        hand. Thinking about Spain (my favourite country) on either the
        Trophy or the Rocket 3, and despite being an old fart at 45 (although my
        former yong lady employees don't think so, they want to come with me!
        I am thinking of a month away, and taking in Ibiza, a fantastic
        island).

        Time to go do what I should have done at 20 years old.

        Cheers
        Ken

        (I would really like to go on the Rocket 3, which has proved to be
        utterly reliable and is my preferred steed, but in my heart of hearts
        I know statistically the Trophy is the better option.)

        If anyone else in the UK is interested, let me know. Otherwise I am
        likely to be missing for a few weeks enjoying myself.

        BTW I am thinking about doing Motorcycle Riding Instruction when I
        return. Any pointers welcome; I am finding it difficult to find out
        how to become qualified.

        Ken the Geordie e-mail:ken@...
      • Daniel Quick
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2000
          --- In TriumphTrophy@egroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@h...> wrote:

          > If anyone else in the UK is interested, let me know. Otherwise I
          am
          > likely to be missing for a few weeks enjoying myself.

          Don't tempt me! However, just got back from a three week trip
          following much the same route! Not sure that work would forgive me
          for going quite so soon! (also just booked a long weekend to partake
          in the BMW off road skills course - gulp!)

          > BTW I am thinking about doing Motorcycle Riding Instruction when I
          > return. Any pointers welcome; I am finding it difficult to find
          out
          > how to become qualified.

          Email my chum Simon Hammerton. Until a rather bad off 9 months ago he
          was Chief Training Officer for CSM in the South of England.

          simon@...

          Enjoy!

          Dan Quick
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 7, 2000
            > BTW, I'll be riding from ATL to KC, MO in late June. Maybe meet someone
            > along the way for lunch/coffee/beers?

            I'm in St. Louis, but will be in TX or Salt Lake depending on when
            you come. Look me up if you come up again!
            -Jeff
            Flatlander1200