Re: ...no start

  • Lars-Erik Stoltz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Message: 16
      Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:16:03 -0500
      From: Dwight Claassen <antman@...>
      Subject: tire wear, short screen, no start
      > Starter or solenoid is out on my bike (self diagnosis with no
      > electrical testing). Push starter button and nothing happens
      > except a very quiet click perceptable only with your head
      > down by the engine. The click is just a little louder with the
      > clutch in so I don't think it's the clutch switch (switch seems
      > to make a difference so it must be working) and it does start
      > by pushing so it must not be the sidestand switch. Well, only
      > if the switches prevent the starter from working but don't prevent
      > push starting? Battery seems fine and I put it on the charger
      > just to make sure.

      Check out the electric relay positioned under the seat, close to the
      battery. I had the same problem with my Trophy 1200 '97, but I noticed that
      one of the cables attached to the relay did not connect 100%. Actually the
      vibrations had loosen the connection so much that it was nearly loose. I
      just sprayed it with a little (yes, you guessed it) WD-40, put it back in
      place and the bike works fine since.

      --
      Lars-Erik Stoltz, Sweden
      Triumph Trophy 1200 '97