Re: Draft Article

  • taylorguk
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2002
      --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "motoworld2001" <motoworld2001@y...> wrote:
      > But we are planing another trip down the Blue Ridge
      > Parkway in May and I think I will put on a set of Pirelli Dragon
      > GTS's, these have been an all around great tire. This year when 6
      of
      > us did the same trip and rode the Tail of the Dragon a few days,
      one
      > of the guys had a set of Dragons on his Sprint ST and he was
      pushing
      > hard! So hard that he basicly heald off a VFR 800 and a R1100S.
      > http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

      So would it be reasonable to assume the 45mph speed limit isn't
      rigourously enforced? ;-)
      (Follow your link to 'park regulations' page!)

      Richard T.
    • Bob Swaim
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2002
        --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "taylorguk" <richard@a...> wrote:
        > --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "motoworld2001" <motoworld2001@y...>
        wrote:
        > > But we are planing another trip down the Blue Ridge
        > > Parkway in May [snipped...] So hard that he basicly heald off a
        VFR 800 and a R1100S. http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

        > So would it be reasonable to assume the 45mph speed limit isn't
        > rigourously enforced? ;-)
        > (Follow your link to 'park regulations' page!)

        The problem with the BRP is getting stuck behind cars & campers on a
        2-lane road. For you Europeans, imagine the slow-downs created by
        cars pulling camper trailers on the autobahn, the day after the Dutch
        schools let out for summer. Otherwise, between radar detectors and
        radios, some people do exceed the limit on a regular basis.

        Which brings up a question that is pertinent for winter
        modifications. I'm interested in installing a MP3 or music radio,
        plus a CB or FRS, and maybe an intercom (although some FRS can be
        used for this, too). I always wear ear plugs. A friend with a K12RS
        has a set-up like this and uses an amplifier with helmet speakers,
        but he has about $400 in his electronics, which is beyond my budget.
        I'd love to hear about what electronics some of you have and how you
        hooked them up.

        Bob
        '95 Sprint