Tyre/Tire Pressure

  • Norman Bunn
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 2, 2002
      What inflation pressure are you using on your tires? I was using the
      amount specified on the tire (45 psi max), since there was none noted in
      the manual, until my mechanic said that the inflation specs are recorded on
      a plate attached to the forks. I can see the plate, but can't read it
      without removing the fairing or maybe getting a flexible mirror. That same
      plate has the weight ratings as well. I wonder what those are. Anyone
      know these for a '99 1200?

      Thanks,

      Norman
      '99 1200 PB
    • jrfeltham
      Message 49 of 49 , Sep 10, 2002
        OK, if you want more detail. Obviously you take off the plastic
        shade or the olde worlde lantern so you are left with the bulb. You
        use a white bulb. You make a sleeve out of black plastic cable
        covering and cut a letter box slit for the bulb to shine out from
        and affix it firmly (not bobbing) to the screen trim so it can
        hardly be noticed. Insignificant compared with the 350 square inches
        or so of perspex windscreen. You could use any 12v pea bulb (try a
        telephone one which are very small) if you've got a particular
        aversion to Xmas.

        John