Re: Clearview shield update

  • Jonathan_Ellis@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 1999
      Keith,
      First I want to thank you for all your suffering making those trips to work
      out the details on these screen. Second I can't wait to get mine and third
      I am unsure of the what the point woud be of having the third option in the
      screen with both vent types and how that would look. I would think that
      the Standard with the SE vent would be the best plan. Does the new screen
      without any vents have significant 'back pressure' (I think that is how it
      is referred to) that you would recomend always getting the Cat-eye vents?
      I guess I am a little confused. Perhaps it is because it is friday and I
      can't wait to get out of work and ride !!! So which screen are you
      planning on getting based on all your trials? Also is it possible to
      contact Craig (when he is ready) to get things going on an order?
      Thank you again for all your hard work.

      Jonathan Ellis
      1997 Merlot 'fine as the wine' Trophy 900

      Craig is planning on offering the screen in 4 different models and at least
      2 (maybe 3) different heights.

      *** Prices are just Estimates *******

      Standard Screen -- taller and wider than stock '98 with a final screen
      angle of around 55 degrees - $125 US

      Standard w/"cat-eye" vents -- $125 US or $150 if you want the black
      rubber trim like the ST1100. As of right now Craig has to buy these trim
      pieces from Honda since he hasn't found another supplier and Honda's price
      is rather steep. He will however cut the vent holes for no extra charge.

      Standard w/"SE" vent -- $ 175- $185 US

      Standard w/both vent types -- price of screen with SE vent + the cost of
      the cat-eye trim pieces if you want them.
    • Barry Freeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 1999
        On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:10:14 -0600, you wrote:

        >*** Prices are just Estimates *******

        Do they fit both the new and old style fairings? Wil lthere even BE
        one for the pre 99 fairing?

        Bazz
        Regards,
        BAzz
        Trophy 900 - 3 Cylinders, no waiting
      • keith.ley@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 1999
          Do they fit both the new and old style fairings? Will there even BE
          one for the pre 99 fairing?

          Bazz
          Regards,
          BAzz
          Trophy 900 - 3 Cylinders, no waiting

          The screen we are presently working on is designed to fit the '96-'98
          fairing and will not bolt straight on to the '99 stock fairing. I'm not
          sure if Craig is interested in pursuing a design for the '99-'00 Trophies
          or not. I think the biggest problem is finding someone with the right bike
          that is willing to spend the time. I have really enjoyed working with
          Craig and the processing that goes into making these screens is fascinating
          to me as well. In fact, when I'm up at Clearview I have to make a
          conscious effort to stop talking to Craig and stay out of the shop (read-
          out of his way) otherwise we can't get anything done. However, by the same
          token, I have well over 30 hours invested in this project not counting the
          travel time which would add another 10-12. In order for Craig to modify
          the screen to fit the later Trophies he would need a similar commitment
          from someone that owns a bike with the newer fairing. If I had access to
          a '99 style fairing I would gladly donate the time but I know of no one in
          the area that has one.
          As of right now, if I had the '99 upgrade fairing on my bike, I would
          call Gustufsen (sp) and buy Michael's design and be done with it. The
          Clearview shield is really aimed at the folks who have '96-'98 Trophies and
          don't want to buy the fairing upgrade.

          Keith
        • Barry Freeman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
            On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:56:51 -0600, you wrote:

            >Clearview shield is really aimed at the folks who have '96-'98 Trophies and
            >don't want to buy the fairing upgrade.

            Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, How do we get one over to
            the UK? <G>