Re: [TriumphTrophy] Clearview question...

  • Beardg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2000
      In a message dated 4/28/2000 12:41:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jmb@... writes:

      << Large Screen
      I'm 6'2, 210lbs. and haven't made any modifications to my handlebar
      height.

      The important figure is inseam>>>>Torso size>butt to head. Can you look over
      the top?
      Dave L.
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2000
        > << Large Screen, I'm 6'2, 210lbs. and haven't made any
        modifications to my handlebar height.

        > The important figure is inseam>>>>Torso size>butt to head. Can you
        look over the top?
        > Dave L.

        I can just see over the top when leaning forward, and can see over it
        fine when sitting up right. 33-34" inseam (torso height - I dont'
        know - - guessing around 33" top of butt to bottom of head)

        I'm assuming going to a smaller size would increase the amount of
        noise since it was much louder when I stood on the pegs in a very
        unscientific experiment.

        My $.02 - rode another 100 miles or so. Still noisy at 80mph (what
        can I say - the bike likes to go that fast!) but I do feel there is a
        great improvement in buffeting. Below 60 MPH it seems much quieter
        and obviously I have to tuck less to get in the noise free zone above
        60mph. I think its a keeper, but still curious about the smaller size.

        One other question - seems like I can see less of my right mirror
        that my left (partially blocks both, but the right side more) I'm
        going to double check all the fasteners tonight - anybody experience
        this?
        Thanks! -Jeff
      • Ken Hastie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2000
          On 28 Apr 00 at 16:23, Jeff wrote:

          > > << Large Screen, I'm 6'2, 210lbs. and haven't made any
          > modifications to my handlebar height.
          > I can just see over the top when leaning forward, and can see over it
          > fine when sitting up right. 33-34" inseam

          I am 6'1" with 31" inside leg, so probably am taller in upper body.
          My view over the Clearview is spot on. Any more, and I'd be in the
          wind, any less, and I would be looking at the top edge rather than
          over it.

          > My $.02 - rode another 100 miles or so. Still noisy at 80mph

          Yes, that will be the case.

          > Below 60 MPH it seems much quieter

          I agree.

          > 60mph. I think its a keeper, but still curious about the smaller size.

          You can trim it yourself. Craig at Clearview will tell you how.

          > One other question - seems like I can see less of my right mirror
          > that my left (partially blocks both, but the right side more) I'm
          > going to double check all the fasteners tonight - anybody experience
          > this?

          I can see both mirrors clearly.

          BTW, my screen is XL

          Ken the Geordie