Re: [TriumphTrophy] Walnecks

  • Beardg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
      In a message dated 7/30/2002 10:14:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > <<if you pick up a Walnecks mag>>
      >
      > Okay, I give! What is a Walnecks mag?
      >
      > Bud

      Beardg>Its a vintage motorcycle sales mag. You should be able to find it in
      the bike/car section of any mag/book store worth it`s salt. very intersting
      to boot.
      DaveL.

    • WALEAO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
        Ok, I hate to change the subject. I purchased a used clearview from Bud for
        winter driving and have the original in a box. I would like to hear what
        everyone now has to say about what type of summer short shield to buy. I saw
        one on somenes bike on the files in this group but it did not say what kind
        of screen it was. I want something low, dark and swooped back like a sport
        bike. This is strictly for summer in the south so give me some good ideas
        and places to go. By the way Bud, that screen is the best. I can ride now
        without going blind form the wind hitting me in the face. Oh before everyone
        pounds me, I have read every email for the last 3 months, I have seen all the
        datbases and files and pictures. I am asking you folks for your ideas on
        what the best screen is according to the specifications I have described.
        Thanks.
        Ed
      • Bud Izen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
          <<By the way Bud, that screen is the best.>>

          Another satisfied customer.... Ed was VERY patient with me as he waited
          until I was back from my Vegas trip and then waited some more until my bike
          was back from the shop. I am glad to hear that the wait was worth it.
          Meanwhile, since I was sent the incorrect shield, I have been waiting even
          longer than Ed for my new Clearview - 1.5" above XL, grey, with adjustable
          SE vent.

          Bud Izen
          Keizer Oregon
          99/900
        • brucetrophy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
            I want something low, dark and swooped back like a sport
            > bike.

            Ed, do the www.bikescreens.com thing. They have exactly what you are
            looking for. Get the short screen and tell them you want it tinted as
            dark as they can. Looks great. If mine had not been blasted by the
            dreaded Turkey Vulture I would still have it. You will get plenty of
            breeze from the screen for the South Texas summer (which is pretty
            much most of the year).
            Bruce
            99/900
          • Ed Walden