Tar snakes and snakes on tar

  • david cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 12:07 AM
      Hey Rick,
      There's tar snakes on the road where they've patched it on the corner
      of Remuera Rd and Ladies Mile.
      You guys make the roads different over here - so the tar snakes are
      not very common. Only used where tarmac has been put down as 'hotmix'
      - not the 'shingle on tar' methinks.

      Sections of the Sydney - Newcastle freeway where it runs over the top
      of big, pit coal mines has large amounts of snakes filling up the
      gaps caused by mine subsidence.

      Dangerous - but not as dangerous as the time a was following Graham
      pretty close on his Sprint out the back of nowhere, northern New
      South Wales.

      He tried to miss it, but hit the last couple of cm of this huge Brown
      Snake that was sunning itself on the white lines.

      The thing's just gone berko - It was about three feet in the air
      thrashing about and striking at everything - including itself and
      mighty ferkin angry by the time I flashed by a split second later (on
      the my Tbird).

      You can imagine the language inside my helmet as I lifted my leg out
      of its way at about 150kph.

      DC
      95 Tbird
      98 Trophy 12