Re: Good Triumph dealer in Boise, ID?

  • earthfirst35824
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Was driving cross country two years ago and I stopped in (Big Twin).
      Great dealership (as far as I could tell). Had a bunch of race bikes
      on display upstairs (one was a BMW flat twin, first race bike of that
      type I'd seen). It was one of the better British and European bike
      dealerships I've been in for number of bikes on display, enthusiasm
      of the staff etc.
      Don't know if you've ever been to Boise, but it is an awesome place.
      First went there about 10 years ago and I was expecting a po dunk
      town. Couldn't have been further from the truth. Very progressive!
      Great mountains, shops, restaurants and theater.
      The "orange" astroturf on the Boise State University football field
      was also pretty cool.
      The weather there is just about perfect. I believe they have about
      300 sunny days a year and you can just about 12 months a year. Of
      course they get snow, but it's nothing to have a 70 degree day pop up
      in February.
      I'm jealous!
      Joe Swinsick
      Huntsville, Alabama

      --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "gh_email" <grumbler@w...> wrote:
      > "John Norton" <jgnorton621@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > WOW a Triumph dealer in ID, next thing you know
      > > is you will want running water and flush toilet <G>
      >
      > Here's a dealership in Boise called "Big Twin" which
      > sells Triumphs, BMWs, Ducatis, Moto-Guzzis, as well
      > as Aprilia IIRC.
      >
      > Was told they're a *great* BMW dealer, but no clue
      > whether that tag applies to their Triumph franchise.
      >
      > Back in 10/88 was driving south on Hwy 95 with my
      > wife through Idaho from Banff, AB to Winnemucca, NV.
      >
      > Was pretty much out in the sticks, so to speak, other
      > than at Coeuer d'Alene where we lunched at a Cindy's
      > coffee shop.
      >
      > Most of the local traffic above Coeuer d'Alene
      > consisted of pickup trucks with rifles in racks
      > at back windows, and, for several hours, was
      > followed by a Blazer with two freshly skinned
      > deer heads with antlers mounted on front bumper.
      > =8^O
      >
      > Yeah, even got a speeding ticket from ID trooper
      > and subsequently found out they use front radar
      > although a local told me doing 7mph or less
      > above the limit is usually ok.
      >
      > -G
    • Steven E. Heathman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Don't know about dealers, but there are some GREAT roads in the panhandle.
        My brother and I were out there two summers ago. All the east west roads
        followed river valleys through pine and spruce covered mountains. Light
        traffic, smooth pavement and lots of sweeping curves. Just watch out for the
        logging trucks.

        Also, I don't know about Boise but the KOA style camp ground we stayed at
        the last night had hot and cold running water in the bathroom so they had
        hot showers. Owner said they had something called a water heater. What ever
        that is. :-)

        Steve H.
        '91 CB750 NH "The Metal Mule"
        '00 1200 Trophy "Mons"