Re: [TriumphTrophy] D&Ds

  • Beardg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
      In a message dated 3/3/2000 7:19:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      TriumphTrophy@onelist.com writes:

      <<
      Thanks for the info Louis , maybe I won't cut them up!
      I've also heard that the D&D's are a little *loud*, ahem...
      ....sorry officer , I didn't hear the siren... what?...speak up man...

      perhaps not that loud, I've yet to hear them myself.

      I'll wait for the reports to come in from those guys
      who have them fitted.

      thanks,

      ride free

      ray

      Beardg>>>>My D&Ds are going on March 15th.......Hope they're not toooooo loud
      as to have the neighbors hating me. I need all the friends I can get! My man
      Jim Pidgeon(certified BMW mech,works outta his house in Manchester NH) will
      be installing the silencers, drilling out the epa plugs, and setting the
      carbs. He told me that the Triumph shop should have done this when they did
      the valves and synched the carbs. He says without properly setting the mix
      screws the bike will never really reach it's full potential, and that the
      screws are often wayyyy outta synch when they come from the factory. Pretty
      much follows what the service manager from Howells told me on the phone.
      All results and setting will follow ASAP.
      Dave L 96Trophy4
    • Mike Sachs
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        At 11:26 AM 3/3/2000 EST, Beardg@... wrote:
        >... My man.... will
        >be installing the silencers, drilling out the epa plugs, and setting the
        >carbs.... He says without properly setting the mix
        >screws the bike will never really reach it's full potential...

        I'd agree. Be advised, tho, that after I removed the plugs, set the exhaust
        gas, individually, to about 2.5%CO, and synched the carbs, my mileage
        dropped by about 10-12%. No big deal, but no more 200 miles per tankful.
        ;^( Noticeably better throttle response. With the slip-ons, you may need a
        bit more tuning than just idle screws.

        Mike Sachs
        Decatur, GA
        The roses weren't in bloom,
        so we just hauled ass.
      • Beardg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2000
          In a message dated 3/10/2000 6:53:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          TriumphTrophy@onelist.com writes:

          << BTW, I was in Greensburg Motorsports, Greensburg In, last week and a
          customer had a blue Trophy with D&D carbon fiber pipes on it. After
          hearing it run, I went to the parts man to place an order. Sweet. If the
          owner (someone in Indianapolis) is on the list, you should be ashamed of
          yourself for corrupting innocent middleaged farts like me.

          Don Payne >>
          Mine go on next week!! I can`t wait to HEAR the motor.
          DaveL.96Trophy4
        • Robert Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2000
            At a local motorcycle parts out-let, I priced a pair,,, little more than
            $500.
            Is that normal?? If it is I doubt if I'll be going that way.
            Is rejetting an additional expence?
            My 1/2 X13 inch drill bit didn't cost anything,, but my bike sure does not
            sound as good as Don's.