RE: Side and Center stand upgrades

  • Beatty, David E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 6:03 AM
      >>Dwight Claassen wrote
      >>I am going to get the newer (longer) side stand someday though.
      Dwight,
      Consider getting the Side/Centerstand upgrade kit. I bought a side stand
      for my 98 Sprint Executive and ended up going back to the dealer to buy a
      center stand. The new side stand interfered with the foot tang/thingy on
      the centerstand. You might be able to modify the existing centerstand (bend
      or cut and reweld). The only difference between the old and new
      centerstands is the foot tang/thingy. I did not want to mess with
      modifying the existing centerstand. So I bought the new centerstand. The
      new centerstand was around $100. And it works like a charm.

      Also the rubber bumper on the new D and D exhaust seems to match up to the
      new centerstand better than the old stand. It touches against the foot
      tang.

      I got the dealer to break down the parts in the centerstand upgrade kit and
      they are the same part numbers for the side and centerstand for a 99
      trophy. I guess a few other models will use the same numbers.

      I gleaned this from the triumph web site at http://www.triumph.co.uk/
      Look under Accessories.

      Side Stand Upgrade
      Part Number: A9758017
      This product fits: Trophy 900/1200 1996 >
      Note: Trophy 96-98 only - up to VIN 71698

      The picture shows both the centerstand and the sidestand.