parts

  • Robert Marion
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2000
      Ok...my first post, so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. First, I'd like
      to thank Lewis with D&D Exhaust in Texas for telling me about this list.

      Several weeks ago, I dumped my baby. It was a low speed get-off and I can't
      even figure out why it happened, so operator stupidity is definitely to
      blame. Anyways, the gas tank needed to be replaced. So far, I've waited
      almost 3 weeks for the tank. Now, my body shop informs me that Triumph USA
      has informed him that it will be another two weeks before the tank arrives.
      Has anyone had this type of experience?

      BTW, I happen to have a Sprint 98 Exec -- sorry no Trophy, but I think it's
      close enough.

      Robert Marion
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 10, 2003
        In a message dated 6/10/2003 5:06:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > I need to find a good source for parts. Can anyone help? I'm in
        > Minnesota and only have a short time to ride before it snows again in
        > this miserable country (only a slight exaggeration!).

        Beardg>Try "Great Bay" in North Hampton NH....They've been very fast with
        everything I`ve ordered from them.

      • rizlabuff2000
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2005
          I was informed that many parts for the trophy match those for an old
          honda 600, any advice on this or where I can locate second hand or
          pattern parts would be useful, cannot/willnot pay extortianate
          prices for original parts
        • larry
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 23, 2005
            Any ideas of good places online to get parts for the Trophy? I have
            seen several sites that offer parts for all triumph except Trophy and
            Tiger models. Specifically, I am looking for a luggage rack, top
            plate, top box, and a passenger back pad for the top box. The one
            place I did find these items was a dealership and they want near $1000
            for all of them together.
          • Phil Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 23, 2005
              Sorry. Heard this one many times.
              Sounds like the prices haven't changed.
              Unless someone HERE has a spare one, that's the availability for the
              Triumph parts. GIVI has some nearly the same parts that you might
              consider. Good quality.
              EBAY sometimes has a part or two show up but if you are in a hurry,
              Triumph would be your best bet.
              Sprint MFG in UK might have some access to those parts. With shipping
              it's cheaper here at the dealer.

              Specifically, I am looking for a luggage rack, top
              > plate, top box, and a passenger back pad for the top box. The one
              > place I did find these items was a dealership and they want near
              $1000
              > for all of them together.

            • Rick MacPherson
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 23, 2005
                Phil,

                Agree with your comments, as I put a Givi set up on my Trophy and it's more
                functional and better looking than the original Triumph. And it was half the
                cost to boot!

                Rick MacPherson

                Unless someone HERE has a spare one, that's the availability for the
                Triumph parts. GIVI has some nearly the same parts that you might
                consider. Good quality.
                EBAY sometimes has a part or two show up but if you are in a hurry,
                Triumph would be your best bet.
                Sprint MFG in UK might have some access to those parts. With shipping
                it's cheaper here at the dealer.

                Specifically, I am looking for a luggage rack, top
                > plate, top box, and a passenger back pad for the top box. The one
                > place I did find these items was a dealership and they want near
                $1000
                > for all of them together.

                Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
                are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
                the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

                FAQs:
                href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
                LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • jshram63
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 24, 2005
                  Here's a link with my response to a similar question. I just came
                  across the country with my wife on the back and this Givi box worked
                  superbly and she loved the pad location on that Simply 450. Rack costs
                  about $150 and so does the top box. Add the pad for $40 and you will
                  be out about $350 for the whole setup.

                  John

                  Oh, you can see the box in the Members photo gallery under JSHRAM.

                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <threedog@s...> wrote:

                  > Any ideas of good places online to get parts for the Trophy? I have
                  > seen several sites that offer parts for all triumph except Trophy and
                  > Tiger models. Specifically, I am looking for a luggage rack, top
                  > plate, top box, and a passenger back pad for the top box. The one
                  > place I did find these items was a dealership and they want near
                  $1000
                  > for all of them together.

                • Tom
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 24, 2005