Re: BestWestern Charokee TT100 ??

  • lgl12356
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "rivenburgh2001" <HAROLD.J.RIVENBURGH@F...>
      wrote:
      > --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., J Norton <jgnorton621@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > I made reservation [for the Cherokee BW] online a few weeks
      ago.
      > > know there are several of us that are staying there.<
      > >
      > > I made reservations online as well. Arrive Friday dept Sunday.
      Will
      > be coming from Oklahoma (Tulsa) if anyone wants to meet on the way
      > there.
      > >

      > > IT'S FULL THAT WEEKEND. WE NEED PLAN B. LOOK AT
      > WWW.TAILOFTHEDRAGON.COM

      From an earlier thread...

      "For those who haven't booked rooms
      yet, Maggie has a large number of
      non-chain motels. I've never had
      any problems with getting a room.
      They're usually clean and fairly
      cheap. I stay at the Abbey Inn.
      Old, relaxed, clean and the
      owners like bikers. FYI."
      Don Payne

      http://www.abbeyinn.com

      and has links to some road tour info.
      Looks like $50-$54, with discount on Sun nite.

      Found one place as low as $30 a night. Might
      only tell my Scottish brethren 'bout it until
      I figure out what I'm doing. :)

      Lowell
    • heyupmac
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., Kadosh98@c... wrote:
        > Has anyone been able to make reservations at the Best Wester
        Cherokee for the TT100? I've called them 3 times and gotten an
        answering machine with no return call. Anyone staying at other
        motels?

        > - JP
        -------------------
        JP - I booked the Comfort Suites before I realized that most of the
        guys were staying at the Best Western. I was going to rebook at the
        B/W, but got the same response as you(Leave a message and nobody
        calls you back!)If that's the way they run a business - don't want to
        stay there!
        You can get the Comfort Suites for $62.00/night on the internet -
        $17.00 less than the poster states. I did post this already, but
        everyone opted for the B/W. Make a reservation - they have "Hot"
        showers there!
        Tony Mac.
      • Kadosh98@cs.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
          $62 and how showers sounds like my kinda place, although the Abbey Inn is
          also attractive. Thanks for the tip. I don't want to stay away from
          everyone else, so Comfort Inn it wll probably be.

          - JP

        • Jeff Joiner
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 4, 2002
            I made reservations at the Best Western just last week (Feb. 29) I
            called the toll free number from the web site first and got the
            answering machine. Then I called long distance and got right in. They
            still had rooms as of last week but the lady said there were a lot of
            groups tours coming in this spring.

            By the way are any of you guys from the Midwest (Missouri, Illinois,
            Okla., Iowa, Nebraska, Ark.) wanting to get together to ride to Cherokee
            together? Lets find a place to meet and a date and approximate time.

            Jeff Joiner
            Jefferson City, Mo.
            On Friday, March 1, 2002, at 01:47 PM, witttom wrote:

            > I made reservation [for the Cherokee BW] online a few weeks ago. I
            > know there are several of us that are staying there.
            >
            > Maybe this would be a good poll, to see who is staying where.
            >
            > Tom (SW Ohio)
            >

            > --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., Kadosh98@c... wrote:
            >> Has anyone been able to make reservations at the Best Wester
            > Cherokee for the TT100? I've called them 3 times and gotten an
            > answering machine with no return call. Anyone staying at other
            > motels?
            >>
            >> - JP
            >

            > Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and
            > comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each
            > contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk and
            > discretion of the reader!

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • J Norton
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 4, 2002
              By the way are any of you guys from the Midwest (Missouri, Illinois,
              Okla., Iowa, Nebraska, Ark.) wanting to get together to ride to Cherokee
              together? Lets find a place to meet and a date and approximate time.

              Jeff:
              I am at the BW also and will be going from Tulsa. I may have a friend, on one of those German Bikes, going from St. Louis I plan to meet him somewhere and would like to have a group.Someone is going from KC and Fayetville AR awa a Trophy from STL. We can meet somewhere and head down. I plan on heading east on 60 through S. MO.

            • rivenburgh2001
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 5, 2002
                --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "Jeff Joiner" <jjoiner@a...> wrote:
                > I made reservations at the Best Western just last week (Feb. 29) I
                > called the toll free number from the web site first and got the
                > answering machine. Then I called long distance and got right in.
                They
                > <SNIP> I just tried best westerns web site again. Still sold
                out.Comfort inn has rooms for $53 weekday $89 weekend and looks real
                nice. Also gatlinburg, Tenn. holiday inn, similar price, in a nice
                town and is cocktail friendly.Also 11 mi. from clingmans dome.
              • Jeff Joiner
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 5, 2002
                  John,
                  It would be great to connect with you somewhere along Highway 60 in
                  southern Missouri. That would work great with me. Do you know, yet, when
                  you're leaving for Cherokee and when you're leaving to come home?

                  Also I came up with three other guys from the data base from the Midwest
                  planning to go. Any of you guys who can join John and I for the ride to
                  Cherokee, let us know -- George from Kansas City; Jeff from St. Louis;
                  and Bill from Fayettville, Ark. You can reply on the list or e-mail me
                  off the list at jjoiner@....

                  Jeff Joiner, Jefferson City, MO
                  '00 BRG 1200

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 5, 2002
                    If you call the non-toll-free number you can get a reservation, although the
                    website says no vacancies and no one answers the toll free number. I made
                    mine, for $65 Fri/Sat and $45 Sunday, on Monday of this week. Probably would
                    have found a cheaper place, like Qualla for $50, but I preferred to stay
                    where the majority of others are staying. The Maggie Valley's Abbey Inn
                    seems like a good spot, but that's quite a twisty ride back in the evening
                    from Cherokee.

                    - JP

                  • Jeff Joiner
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 6, 2002
                      John,
                      It would be great to connect with you somewhere along Highway 60 in
                      southern Missouri. That would work great with me. Do you know when

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 6, 2002
                        Jeff Joiner <jjoiner@...> wrote: >John,
                        It would be great to connect with you somewhere along Highway 60 in
                        southern Missouri. That would work great with me. Do you know when
                        you're leaving for Cherokee and when you're leaving to come home?<

                        I plan to leave Tulsa Thursday May 16 early and overnight somewhere. I want to get to Cherokee sometime mid day Friday. Return on Sunday sometime AM with possible overnight or straight through, but that is a long day. I am 1000 miles you are 780 and STL is 625. I don't mind 700-800 mile days but 1000 is a lot. Have yet to decide route but will probably go 60 east to Sikeston than 80 and overnight in Somerset KY than 27 South. Thats just a thought but am open to anything. We could set Poplar Bluff as a meet place which puts KC, STL and Col heading south.