Top speed...

  • flatlander1200
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      I have not maxed my '98 1200 out, but I have been up to 110/115 for
      short bursts. I would NOT recommend crossing 100 with a big screen on
      the 96-98 fairing. Did that once, the bike seemed to "float" the
      front end. Had my wife on the back too, might have contributed to it.
      All is well with a ultra short screen...just haven't had the need or
      the road to make it to the top end.

      A thought for those wanting to cross the triple digit line (or any
      adrenalin inducing actions for that matter)...make sure you keep your
      head on afterwards. Second time I blipped 100 on the Trophy the guy
      in front of me on a Ninja almost ditched it at much lower speeds on
      the very next corner. Normally an average rider, he obviously was off
      in space...

      Jeff
      aka Flatlander 1200