Re: [TriumphTrophy] Comparo

  • John Pierce
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 28, 2002
      Tony, my 95 1200 does 140 indicated on speedo more like 125 or 130, it's
      those daytona cams, stainntune pipes,and of course a jet kit and about a
      month of fine tuning on a dyno. John.
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
        My 900 - first gear - 70mph; second - 95 mph; third - 115; and I run out of balls/road. But not acceleration.
        It IS re-geared.
        Jeff
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
          The published measured top-end figures for the Trophy 1200 from magazine
          tests was 134 mph (US). That was, I believe, a test in Motor Cyclist back
          in '96.

          Jack Goertz
          Birmingham, AL
          '67 Bonneville 650 -- '96 Trophy 1200 -- '00 Legend 900
        • rivenburgh2001
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
            --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "witttom" <Witttom@a...> wrote:
            > I've had my 900 well into the 130's on more than one occasion and
            it
            > felt like it easily had lots more to go. I feel more secure at
            those
            > speeds on my Trophy than when I had my TL1000 up that high (I've
            had
            <SNIP> 139MPH 96 1200 STOCK LOW SCREEN,DAYTONA CAMS
            AND IGNITER,REJET, LAST SUMMER IN LAKE PLACID NEW YORK ACCORDING TO
            POLICE RADAR IN 5TH GEAR.

            > the
            > > handling. With the top box on, the front end got a little too
            > light and
            > > would shift slightly right/left and left/right. She had more to
            > give, but I
            > > didn't. I chickened and pulled her back.
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > > Richie
            > > '99 Triumph Trophy 1200
            > > '90 Suzuki Intruder 750

          • lgl12356
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
              --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "Jeff Fennema" <jeff@h...> wrote:
              > My 900 - first gear - 70mph; second - 95 mph; third - 115; and I run
              out of balls/road. But not acceleration.
              > It IS re-geared.
              > Jeff

              What sprockets are you using? What are you running at say 5000rmp?

              Goldilocks
            • Jim Kelley
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
                I'm sure the my 1200 would reach 125mph with little trouble. But I get real
                nervous over a hundred. I don't care the top speed of the bike. Only the
                POWER available at double digit speeds. And that, the 1200 has in
                abundance. Jim in Oly

                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 1, 2002
                  I don't care the top speed of the bike. Only the
                  > POWER available at double digit speeds. And that, the 1200 has in
                  > abundance.

                  Have to agree with Jim. The roads I travel on are populated by deer
                  (like most everyplace), jackrabbits, coyotes, armadillo, javelina,
                  badgers, skunks etc. Not to mention the flying stuff, cranes, turkey
                  vultures, buzzards, white and red tailed hawks that are always
                  swooping over the roads looking for the latest 7-ll lunch. The
                  thought of whacking any of them at high speed makes me reach for the
                  malox and the pain killers. Some of them you would just run over,
                  some of the above will have you catapaulting to the heavens. At
                  least at semi legal speeds there is some room (usually) to manuever,
                  even on narrow roads. I may have seen 100 once just to say I did
                  it. It is fine for me on a track to go for speed, just can't seem to
                  get up the nerve on the backroads. Proabably something to do with my
                  approaching geezerhood.
                  Bruce
                  99/900
                • ROBERT HAYES
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 7, 2002
                    What are 'javelina'? Is that any relationship to a jackalope?
                    > Have to agree with Jim. The roads I travel on are populated by deer
                    > (like most everyplace), jackrabbits, coyotes, armadillo, javelina,
                    > badgers, skunks etc. Not to mention the flying stuff, cranes, turkey
                    > > Bruce
                    > 99/900
                    >

                    > Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and
                    comments are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor.
                    Making use of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the
                    reader!

                  • texan
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 7, 2002
                      At 08:02 AM 3/7/2002, you wrote:
                      >What are 'javelina'? Is that any relationship to a jackalope?

                      Wahoo I know this one!!!

                      Javelina's are REAL!!! and REAL MEAN too!!!

                      They are like wild pigs or like Razerbacks...

                      They are small in size, sharp brisling hair and sharp tusks...we have a
                      bunch in South Texas...Good hunting, sortof good eating....

                      Texan

                      "Ride your own Ride"
                      +++++++++++++++++
                      http://texan.labiker.org
                      +++++++++++++++++
                    • brucetrophy
                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 7, 2002
                        --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "ROBERT HAYES" <emerald.a.c@w...> wrote:
                        > What are 'javelina'? Is that any relationship to a jackalope?

                        Robert, clearly you have been to Odessa to see the 10ft high statue
                        paying homage to the Jackalope. Good for you. I must go over there
                        with the Trophy and get a picture.
                        At the risk of starting the "javelina" thread again, they are small
                        wild hogs. Size range from 40 to 80 pounds, they have wiry hair, big
                        tusks, and generally avoid people. They like to hang out in drainage
                        ditches, culverts, and thickets. They have a nasty temper if
                        provoked and have sent many bow hunters running in terror. They
                        always travel in groups and if hungry enough, will kill and eat
                        rattlesnakes. I like them, they make great sounds.
                        If you go in the files section, under members bikes, I have a picture
                        of a road sign that says, "Hog Crossing". Javelinas.
                        Bruce (who cannot wheelie over the mighty javelina)
                        99/900
                      • Dave Cottini
                        Message 11 of 25 , Mar 7, 2002
                          we have chupacabra here in central ca. - www.skepdic.com/chupa.html

                          >What are 'javelina'? Is that any relationship to a jackalope?

                          Wahoo I know this one!!!

                          Javelina's are REAL!!! and REAL MEAN too!!!

                          They are like wild pigs or like Razerbacks...

                          They are small in size, sharp brisling hair and sharp tusks...we have a
                          bunch in South Texas...Good hunting, sortof good eating....

                          Texan

                          "Ride your own Ride"
                          http://texan.labiker.org

                          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations and comments
                          are solely and strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use
                          of the information is solely at the risk and discretion of the reader!

                          ---
                          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                          ---