NYC and the "TT AMERICA" poster.

  • motoworld2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2001
      Hello All,
      I went to the NYC show on Friday and I handed out the "TT" poster
      to Rob from Sport Touring Accessories and the Triumph Rep. for the
      North East Region Doug Powers. Both of these gentlemen were very
      positive about the event and Doug said it is a great thing to see a
      sort of grass roots type of gathering and that he hopes to see more of
      this type of gatherings along with the RAT Events. The overall show
      was much better than last year and the area restaurants were also a
      great treat. It seems as if the industry is reinvesting in its self as
      the manufactures are working on new items and improving on already
      established product lines. As an example DOWCO bike covers is in the
      middle of revamping there products with new features and materials,
      Gerbing has made there products strictly a premium product line by
      requiring that their products be sold through exclusive dealers or
      direct. This means that the dealers that handle their products have to
      be part of a Buy-In Program, in simple terms the retailer must lay out
      a lot of cash one time for a lot of product and in turn the company
      will support them in any way possible to make the product line be
      profitable. I could go on but why, the show was great and the food was
      great with a bunch of great friends to be with!
      Tom
      PS: The Trophy still rules as I see it!