RE: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Tools needed to change front brake pads.

  • Nick Freeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
      Peter are we talking about the same bolts - the ones attaching the callipers
      to the forks are T55 Torx and the "Pins" that hold the Pads in the callipers
      are defiantly Allen Bolts on my Bike - The Pins and calliper fixings are the
      same for both front and rear (for size of bolt heads) have they butchered
      the heads on the rears? - this may help in terms of "Spanner" size

      Nick

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
        I've never changed the pads myself on my '98 Trident, but I am going to try.
        I assume that since my bike has Nissin brakes I can find a generic set of
        pads for it (o.k., maybe that's a bad assumption). Does anyone have a part
        # for the pads? Also - a dumb question - do the front and rear brakes use
        the same pads?

        Thanks,
        M.R.F.

        "Remember, when you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME!"

        - anonymous
      • Nick Freeman
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
          The Front and Rear Pads are different on the Trophy, I use EBC Green's on
          mine both front and rear, have never had a problem getting these from either
          Triumph Dealer or the Bike shop I use.
          HTH

          Nick F
          1200 Merlot 1997

          I've never changed the pads myself on my '98 Trident, but I am going to try.
          I assume that since my bike has Nissin brakes I can find a generic set of
          pads for it (o.k., maybe that's a bad assumption). Does anyone have a part
          # for the pads? Also - a dumb question - do the front and rear brakes use
          the same pads?
        • Michael Flora
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2001
            Thanks Nick for the advice on the EBC pads.

            M.R.F.
            '98 Trident