Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: About the "Johnson Jolt"

(88214)
  • adeux60@ymail.com
    Jan 14 Expand Messages

      As I searched for my weak firing fault I also doubled all the heavy duty cables to battery and solenoid. Check that the solenoid isn't leaking to earth when not being used. You may also consider running a heavier earth around the bike and pick off some extra frame connections and link it in to any far lying negative wires eg tail light, radiator, instruments, ancillaries, There is a triumph advisory that I can't remember nor seemed totally belt and braces - so I did all I could find.

      Voltage readings of the running coils might channel your further investigations.

      The good news (due to one of the twenty fixes I tried) is she now goes like a bomb when I remember to fuel up in time.....must fix that fuel gauge AGAIN