88211Re: About the "Johnson Jolt"

  • trophyfour
    Jan 13, 2014

      If I have to jump a bike from a car, I always do it with the car's engine off and I attach the ground cable to a frame bolt of the bike; then I hold the starter button down and touch the positive cable to the battery. That way, hopefully, the frame is acting as bit of a shunt and the power goes to the starter immediately. I know that it's said a car's charging system can wreak havoc on a bike's electrics; don't know for sure, but that seems, to me, to be the safest way to do it.

      The "village idiot" says: "Don't try this at home":  Jim

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic