      From: Samuel Crider <dieseldude1@...>
      To: triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, 7 December 2013, 23:37
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Correct cam chain installation

      Greeting,
      I just stripped the ol gal down and popped her covers to prep for replacing the cam chain, etc. Luckly, I remembered to check out the orientation of the sprocket arrows and the lower 1/4 alignment  point. The sprocket arrows align properly but the 1/4 point is what looks to be one space advanced from exact centered alignment with the crank sensor. Well sob, this might explain the light to lately moderate popping since my ownership. So, the big question is, should the crank point align exactly with the sensor? Or should it align on the advanced side of the sensor? Does the brain trigger once the point passes the sensor or at some point before? My gut says it should be dead center. Which likely means the Colorado stealer who wrenched her last missed the lower alignment by a tooth. Go figure..... Does the dead center orientation sound correct to you guys?
      Enjoy the ride,
      Samuel
      96 BBBB PB
      30kmi