      From: techshare26@...
      To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Starter Fluid
      Date: Wed, Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm

      I used and old can of Pyroil starting fluid ... but only a few puffs into each side of the airbox. Haven't take the carb off or tried to start again, but I really hope that wasn't enough to destroy anything. This is the first time in my life I've heard of starting fluid being that destructive to any engine. I could imagine if it were used often that it would cause damage, but didn't think once it a great while was bad.

      ---In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

       I've always used good ole' Gumout spray cleaner as a starting fluid. No where near as volatile as ether and it's always worked just fine.

      ---In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Either is what is the active agent in starting fluid, it burns way too hot. With a properly set up machine and fresh gas, one doesn't need starting fluid.

      Also, the gentleman in St Augustine doesn't understand how the fuel tap works.  Re-read his posts.

      Bob