87592RE: Re: [TriumphTrophy] Starter Fluid

  • adeux60@ymail.com
    Oct 16, 2013

       Never found it useful to start an engine with an additive. Strangely enough it only proves that there is an issue that needs solving - which you knew because it wouldn't start,

      Dan

      ---In triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com, <trophyfour@...> wrote:

       I've always used good ole' Gumout spray cleaner as a starting fluid. No where near as volatile as ether and it's always worked just fine.

      ---In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, <triumphtrophy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Either is what is the active agent in starting fluid, it burns way too hot. With a properly set up machine and fresh gas, one doesn't need starting fluid.

      Also, the gentleman in St Augustine doesn't understand how the fuel tap works.  Re-read his posts.

      Bob