      From: "gordon2xbbb" <gordon.smith29@...>
      To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] RE: Ideas for major running problem after rebuild? '97 Trophy
      Date: Wed, Oct 16, 2013 3:42 am

      It is also IMPERATIVE that there is the correct amount of FREE PLAY (3mm) in both the Choke and Throttle cables.

      If there isn't enough free play the you won't know when the choke or throttle is fully closed which will affect adjustments to the slow running screw on the carbs

      GBoH #2162 or the Triumph Service Manual fully cover the carb synchronisation - which needs to be done (with the fuel tank removed) when the engine has reached normal operating temperature.
      It assumes all other things are done correctly, such as Pilot Air Screws and Needle Valve positions identical in all (properly cleaned and serviced) carbs, valve clearances, spark plug gaps, air filter, cable free-play and using an auxillary fuel supply

      Just saying...

      Cheers
      Gordon 2xBBB 1xTiger 800
      Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK